Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 43 - 19% Progress (and HAWKS WIN)

Hooray it is weigh-in day! Seriously, does anyone really feel that ecstatic about a weigh-in before they get on the scale. Personally I cannot say that I really feel ecstatic, but I do look forward to them. They are a validation of my behavior of the past week, whether or not I have lived up to Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

So let's get down too brass tacks. Brass tacks, does anyone reading this really have any brass tacks in their home? Brass, what is so special about brass tacks vs. say aluminum, or... yeah, who cares.

It is with grand jubilation that I report to you that this weigh in calls for an Oh Yeah! As of just moments ago I am now at 19% of the way to my goal; I've lost 23 pounds in six weeks, 5.5 of them this past week. Today I weighed in at 297 pounds.

Could it be? Could it seriously be that I have exited the 300's and will never go back for a visit?

Oh how I hope so!

No, "hope" need not apply here. I will NEVER revisit the 300's!!!!

Let it be said that May, 2010 was the last month I ever put a scale over 300, NEVER Again; NEVER!

Two days ago I received in the mail my reward for reaching my 10% weight loss goal (12 lbs. lost ); my new workout clothes. It sure felt good getting them in hand and knowing I earned them versus just buying them because I could. In just ONE more pound I'll have that 20% weight loss reward in sight. Nice to know, but let me not get ahead of myself.

Before I get to what is going on today, did everyone see my quick post yesterday evening of my wife & I? We attended game one of the Stanley Cup and we were like kids in candy shop; a sugar-free candy shop :-) I know most don't care two shakes about hockey so I will keep this brief. But my wife & I are life-long hockey fans. And the blood in our veins is Blackhawk Red. For the better part of the past decade our team has struggled and missed the playoffs. But the past two years they found their steel and have the Blackhawk nation on edge. When they were last in the Stanley Cup, 1992, I couldn't afford a vowel let alone tickets to such an event. But today, thankfully we could, so we went. Who knows when in our lifetime they will ever make it back. And did we get our moneys worth. A back and forth brawl with the Philadelphia Flyers for the entire sixty minutes. In the end, the score was 6-5, BLACKHAWKS WIN; see for yourself...
That pic may be a bit fuzzy, sorry; pic from my cell phone. One game down, three more to go and we are the Champions! Ok, deep breath, relax...

Today will be a challenge as it is party day. A party at the sister-in-law's to celebrate a couple of 8th grade graduations, Cameron our youngest and Alicia our niece. Also my wife's Uncle just turned 75 and of course we'll party in honor of Memorial Day too. I am sure many of you have similar food challenges this holiday weekend. We've been there before, we will be here many many times ahead. We also know how to survive these events and enjoy ourselves while even enjoy some tempting foods without completely wrecking our hard earned progress towards our weight loss / healthy living goals. What, need a refresher on what to do at a party and not over do it? So do I, it is always a good idea to revisit what works when faced with the challenge of temptation. Easiest way to do that is revisit some posts or mine, and comments of yours, on just that topic. My Day 13 post is where I asked for help and your comments which helped me come up with a game plan, and my Day 15 post illustrates just how well I did employing that generous and useful advice of yours. Or, review this - I just remembered that I've summarized allot of that good advice on my MY WHAT? page; once there just scroll down to the section titled, "What My Mission Has Taught Me...".

Ok, I have rambled on enough here. Whatever you do today enjoy it and stay healthy doing it!

GO BLACKHAWKS!

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

6 comments:

  1. wow congrats patrick, you are doing aweeeeeeesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on breaking the 300 barrier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome week...awesome progress. You are really stitching it all together!

    I used to enjoy hockey immensely when Brett Hull, Brendan Shannohan, etc. were with the Blues. Oh yeah, and my wealthy ex-inlaws had club seats for games.

    Hopefully the Hawks don't have a goat issue like the Cubs...best wishes on the cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you and many more!!!! Yes, find what worked for you in the past for these situations & apply it again!

    My hubby is a life long hockey fan too & I was wrong about him wanting Phillie. He is routing for the Blackhawks so he is a happy guy too! A great game & so cool you went! My hubby got to see the Ducks win the cup the year they did so wishing for a win for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. Feels good and looking forward for more feel goods.

    Kyle, those Blues teams wuth Brett were quite good. I thought they'd make a Cup run of their own back then.

    Jody, that Cup title team of the Ducks was wicked solid; Ottawa never had a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never been to or watched a full hockey game ever so I'm sure I would find it quite exciting, maybe one of these days. Glad your team won.

    WAY TO GO on another terrific week Patrick. I'm so happy about you being out of the 300's I know how exciting that is.

    ReplyDelete