Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 31 - Magic Fitness?

Have you see an advertisement lately that sounds something like this... 10 foods that burn fat... Or this... Our pill, powder or drink slims & gets you ripped... Or...

I'm sure we've all seen ads like these in magazines or websites, perhaps even on some of our favotite blogs. I've peeked into the details of a few of these ads over the years; usually at times when I wasn't dieting or working at getting healthy. Just a few minutes hoping to discover that magic to quickly returning to the fitness glory of my youth. Each time I've come away unconvinced & unwilling to go there.

But, still these marketing marvels get me wondering. Just last week I read up on two such popularly seen pills. After 30 minutes of reading I had more questions than answers, unconvinced again. Plus there seem to be some serious law suits alleging neglegence that may have resulted in harm to health including death. Justified legal action or not, I have no idea. But the risk doesn't justify the lack of certain & safe reward as I see it.

Therefore as I write this I doubt there is any way to do this short of earnest discipline & effort.

If anyone has opinion or experience to the contrary I'd enjoy hearing about it; do you?

Today is work out day, I took yesterday off. Thinking dumbbells after work. Maybe a walk too if I can, hope so.

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

5 comments:

  1. Despite all fervent prayers to the contrary, earnest discipline and effort is the only way. Okay...not the only way, but the only way I'd ever recommend. Yes, there are some outlying methods like Hcg which seem to be a reasonably healthy approach, but for me it doesn't really teach you how to get and stay healthy. Sure, it is a great kickstart to getting thinner and that is what many people need to then convert to the "all natural" way...if that is what the person needs, so be it. I've taken judgement away a long time ago as long as their method isn't actually harmful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen all kinds of ads and I have tried several things. The best thing for me has just been to cut back on my portions and exercise. Oh yes and post on my blog. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe in those pills either. You can't take them forever, so why bother? Even if they do work, you'll just gain the weight back as soon as you stop taking them. I prefer healthy eating and hard exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle, I'm not familiar with Hcg, quickly surfed it and saw statements of 1 - 3 pound losses a day. While it sounds nice from a number perspective, no thanks. I cant imagine losing that much a day is good for you. What happens when you stop Hcg? Gain it back as Carla suggests I suppose. Yep, portion control is a key Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried EVERYTHING to lose weight in the past and nothing worked long term. I think this weight loss game in a huge part (I'd say 80%) mental so it's about fixing the mind too. So I would recommend to anyone therapy before diet pills anyday. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete