Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 14 - Moving Day


Good Morning blogger folk. Ready to move today? I am. No no no, I am not suggesting we pack our keyboards and find a new place to blog. Nope, here we shall stay. Moving Day is simply Exercise Day. It is Saturday and I've got the time set aside to get some moving in. How about you; ready to move?
What's it going to be then? For me it is primarily weights (dumbbells & nautilus machine). There will be some stretching and good old fashioned calisthenics too. I have yet to determine a weights routine I like so part of my objective for today is to start to figure that out. I'd like to get some cardio in too but disappointingly I am dealing with some heel & ankle pain today. Thanks largely to my weight I have spells of pain in my feet, heels & ankles and the past few days I've had such a spell. It wasn't so bad this past Wednesday that I couldn't get that Lake Andrea walk in. I'll try and tough it out and get some walking in today too.

So, who out there has a dumbbell routine they like and swear by? Anyone?? If so I'd love to hear about it. I'm looking to put a routine, or routines, together that takes about 30 minutes to work through.

OK, I gotta go get moving and then get ready for my nephew's 1st Communion this afternoon - Thanks to all who replied yesterday with suggestions for surviving this weekends food challenges. Very much appreciated!

Happy Moving Day!

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

6 comments:

  1. I have been following a full body workout dumbbell routine that I found in the ABS diet book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like hard work....I will let you go first - I am better at watching other people work hard :) Truth is I havent yet got to the point were I am willing enough to lift my little finger let alone a weight - all sounds like too much effort -- but dont be fooled - I will do it -- one day, soon, sometime, you know - bit later. lol.

    Blue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting out there and moving today! I did my workout today, all arms do not want that flab lol keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent Patrick! I think that strength training balanced in with your cardio is really the best way to go. Its not the way, I did it, but lets ignore me cuz I needed to see the scale respond to keep me in the game...I'm not well...really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron, thanks, not sure what ABS is but I shall check out the ABS diet book.

    Blue, watching other people is one my favorite hobbies too. When you are ready, you will get moving I'm sure.

    Lauren, my workout Saturday was arm centric too. If your arms are as sore as mine are today, congrats !

    Kyle, the scale, I try to look at it once a week only. Some want to see it daily; whatever gets the mojo flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patrick, I started my strength training with classes but after my exercise place closed I joined a regular gym and bought myself a book called "The Book of Muscle". I followed that book for almost 2 yrs (not currently because of my stomach issues). But it's been a great book and has great pictures and descriptions for each exercise. It was just nice having a set routine to follow 3 times a week. I also would look exercises up online when I wasn't totally understanding form since there are a ton of videos of every exercise you could imagine. I must admit the routines are usually longer than 30 mins but I'm sure it would still be helpful to show you all the different exercises. Good luck with finding something that fits your schedule. Dawn

    ReplyDelete