Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 26 - Tick Tock

Super busy day today so I need to speed blog here. Ah, speed blog, that made me recall dinner with my son last night at Applebee's. Not a favorite place of mine, not even close, but I tried a dish off of their new 550 calories or less menu and was quite pleased. Good idea and glad it was on the menu. But that’s not what speed blog reminded me of re: dinner there. There were signs up all over the place advertising speed dating. At Applebee's? Never done speed dating, I am married and have not been on the market for many years and when I was the concept would not have appealed to me I'm sure. But at Applebee's? Well, whatever generates business for them I suppose.


So, short on time, but regardless this day shall be mine. Can't find motivation outside as it is monsoon season here in Chicagoland. Therefore I have to look inside myself for motivation today. And I shall gain it through a series of victories I intend to chalk up. They are as follows…

1-I have a storage-area-network for our enterprise system (SAP) that needs to be replaced. Today I must align the project plan our vendor so that we can meet the fresh request to replace it months earlier than originally planned; this will be done.

2-I have a salad bar in the cafeteria at work that see's me make the same salad most days; today I will change it up and snap that rut.

3-I have a file & print replacement project that has hit a wall with regards to which back up technology to use; that won't be the case at day's end.

4-I have an elliptical machine that hasn't been used in about a week; I am going to make it wish it had never been assembled.

5-I have a wife, an amazingly gorgeous and lovely woman of a wife; I am going to… well let's stop right there.

What victories shall you chalk up today?

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

8 comments:

  1. sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you! Nice work!

    i left you a reply comment on my last post. Check it out and give me your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you already decided that you are going to have a few successes today! I see you are a glass half full kind of guy!

    I'll be sure to forward your question about weights and cardio on the same day for the trainers at American Mobile Fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...SAP...my expertise since 1993. We just moved our Dev and QA boxes onto a SAN. Don't forget to have you database and log files segregated onto different SAN volumes for performance. Good luck on your project and on your week.

    I miss having access to an elliptical...take advantage of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still too fat for my elliptical. I am over the weight max by 60 lbs. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you are so lucky you can use the eliptical. My knees won't let me and I'm only 25!
    My favorites are 4 and 5!!!!

    Today is over for me but I'll write a short film script tomorrow! I've been putting this project off for a while. But tomorrow there is no escape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great day planned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seth, thanks, I did get back and continued the chat on your blog.

    Karen, glass half full all the way... excellent, look forward to the Q&A at your blog.

    Kyle, been in & out of SAP since '99... I mostly do the infrastructure stuff now but here it all ends up supporting SAP one way or another.

    Lisa, one day at a time and that elliptical will soon be yours to enjoy.

    River, well need I say my fave is #5? :-) One thru four are done, the elliptical & I hung out for a full hour this afternoon; I am wiped out!

    Ron, so far so good it's been a great day. Hope yours has been as well, all of yours!

    Thanks for the thoughts everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol #5 - all in a day's work!!! :)

    Sounds like an excellent plan for the day!

    ReplyDelete