Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 16 - Change #3

Before I get into this weeks commitment to change, Change #3, I must say I dodged the Sunday bullet just as well as I did the Saturday shot. Caesar Salad was what I placed in my plates center and in a larger portion than I'd usually take so that there would be less room on the plate for other tempting stuff. The rest of what I placed on my plate were small portions of veggies or seafood. My one treat, a thin slice of roast beef. Man the food was good too; I would've had four or five plates of all the deliciousness three weeks ago, but instead today I had one and a half plates both of which had caesar salad blocking and tackling for me. Took the water bottle along again too... thanks again for those tips, they sure helped!

Change #3, hmmm, what is it going to be this week? This may seem like an easy one but I list it because I've learned that it is extremely important. Just last week I had a re-affirmation of just how important it is. Last week I had one 'red' meal. Going into last week I committed to have less red entries and exercise more than week once; both accomplished. Reminder, a red meal refers to when I log that meal in my food log in red ink which indicates I've missed the mark entirely in terms of healthy balance & portion. Meals well balanced and portioned; green ink. Meals just OK; blue ink.

In week two the one red meal I had was at dinner where I ate more steak than I should have. The steaks were small at about 4 ounces each; I had two. Three weeks ago a small steak in my eyes was 12 ounces. Oh how fast change can happen. Back to the 'red' day, yep you guessed it, I skipped breakfast. Actually I got it in late and what I ate was barely a mid-morning snack really. The rest of that day I struggled more with hunger pains than most days of late. Since starting this mission I've been good about eating breakfast and have definitely felt the difference in the days energy level and ability to dismiss hunger pains. So this is an easy one...

Change 3...
  • Do Not Skip Breakfast
Goals for the coming week will be to exercise at least 4 times, two of each cardio and weights.

Did you get in your breakfast today?

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

6 comments:

  1. I made my homemade protein bars yesterday (as I do every Sunday) and then they are in the fridge for my breakfast everyday. I count on these in times when I'm on the go too or just in the mood for something sweet with a cup of evening tea or coffee. I think having a few quick "go to foods" is a big key for me that gets me through the week.

    Glad you dodged another bullet at the buffet. Way to go on another great job.

    I think your color code is a great idea. I've logged my food on and off during my journey. Currently I haven't been but if these few gained lbs don't come back off I will get back to it and give your idea a try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, thanks for the good words. I've been meaning to look for a homemade protein bar recipe, so if you have one that you feel is a winner please share the recipe. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast -- sometimes I can't tell the time, and it gets to ten thirty before the 'what about breakfast' signal bell goes. But I am pretty sure that the right breakfast makes a heck of a difference. One thing I did learn was that I cant skimp on it either. Its tempting to cut it to minimum with calories - to spend them elsewhere...and I tried doing that with mushrooms on toast, or grilled tomatoes on toast - big mistake, the hunger gremlins set in real fast. Now I tend to eat fruit and a greek yoghurt - or meusli and yoghurt no hunger pangs at all.

    Blue~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue, I have recently discovered Greek yogurt and became an instant fan of it. I toss blueberries into it and dig in. I've heard it can be used in making sauces too. Have not tried it myself but certainly will someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is a great change for you to make...I also skipped breakfast years ago, but changed that habit.

    It really doesn't take much time at all and if worst comes to worst, I grab a slim-fast, but you can use other meal replacement options.

    Sure...there will be people who poo-poo that...but I poo-poo the poo-poo-ers.

    You can refine your plan as you go and eat "clean" or cleaner in the future.

    Set yourself up for success...good job on the buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kyle, meal replacement options are a good idea, but something I havent looked at much yet. Yet meaning I just need to get to the store and pick up some protein bars to keep on hand. Not sure which ones as I know some are just packed with sugars, so I'll have to do some label reading.

    ReplyDelete