Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 40 - Progress Picture Day

My 10% Progress pictures are up finally, they are HERE or above via the link for MY PROGRESS PICS. I had the day off of work for the most part, hence the casual attire for a Wednesday. Hmmm, I don't see much difference, but it is only 10%.

Yesterday I stopped and filled up my gas tank. Now that's not too exciting or worthy of blog space is it? Nope, I agree, silly me. Kind of like posting on Facebook that you are 'Getting gas' when doing so; like anyone cares.

Well here is why that is important, at least to me. Across the parking lot from the gas station is a Culver's. Mmmm, familiar with this semi-fast food chain? Home of the 'butter-burger', which really isn't worth it's hype. They also are known for their frozen custard which deserves more hype.

Many many many times, I mean many, I have hit this particular Culvers drive-thru and grabbed a frozen custard for the rest of the drive home. And none of those times, I mean none, did I intend that frozen custard to be a meal replacement. Hmmm, the frozen custard diet, has a nice ring to it. No?

Those visits were purely impulse, just a feeding frenzy as if I were a shark in a pool of bloody custard flavored fish. Yeah, I put no thought into that analogy. Drawn to the place like a magnet, especially when I first stopped for gas next door & had a few torturous moments to stare at the place while gassing up.

Back to yesterday as I'm gassing up & yes I was staring at Culvers. I look at the marquee for the custard flavor of the day; OMG it is Chocolate Carmel Twist, that's a good one! And then it happened; I looked away before the gas tank was full. My mind went on to other things, the Blackhawks I think. Ok, so I looked away, not worthy of blog space. Well then how about this... Without conscious effort my mind, body and spirit stepped up as never before; I left the gas station, drove passed Culvers, past temptation, and didn't look back. Huh, who am I?

I am Patrick, nice to meet you by the way, who on Day 2 of this mission committed to NO MORE FAST FOOD, that's who. What else was I supposed to do?

I'm thinking NSV.

Who is in control of you today?

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!

11 comments:

  1. wow congrats Patrick that is definitely a NSV. I remember a couple months ago I was home visiting my parents 3 hours away. Everytime I drive back I always get McDonalds fries from the same McDonalds before my drive back, well this time I got off at the exit for the McD's....drove past it and gave it the finger, then I got back on the highway and kept driving ha ha
    good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the NSV!!! You really made me think too with your question "Who is in control of you today?" Well darn it I am *smile*. I need to say that to myself more often, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on achieving your awesome goals. You are looking amazing already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story!!!! AND a great NSV! AND the progress pics are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chin looks like you've already lost 40lbs!! I had to say it cos it's a big deal for a lot of people and wow you look great! Imagine in 6 months you'll look better than ever and I love the smile on your face on those photos!

    And I'm in control today!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice post Patrick! All those little decisions add up to big progress in no time. You are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely done Patrick! I wish I was posting a good success story tonight. I thought I made a good choice tonight, only to find out when I get home that it was a really terrible one! Just another lesson on why we should look up the food at the restaurant BEFORE WE GO, NOT WHEN WE GET HOME!

    *goes to prepare from a much deserved lecture from my accountability partners...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks evryone for the encouraging words. Very much appreciated. Forty days down, a lifetime to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta take umbrage with you on the 'not much difference' thing....check out the bit at the back -- you know, below the belt bit, and the bit at the front - you know - above the belt bit, and the bit under the chin - you know - where the collar goes -- and the bit at the back of your neck - below the hairline bit - lol...Patrick there is oodles of difference in those sets of pics. Odd how we are the last to see it though huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ***high five***

    big big NSV!!

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would say that is a great NSV...well done.

    ReplyDelete