Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 36 - 14% Progress


Good Morning everyone!

This weigh in calls for an Oh Yeah! Last week's diligence seems to have paid off as I am now 14% of the way to my goal; I've lost 17.5 pounds in five weeks, 4.5 of them this past week. Today I weighed in at 302.5 pounds. And since I held onto my fist milestone of 10% lost for a full week I can now cash in and order that first reward of new "Work out clothes". Oh Yeah!

Now on to that 2nd reward at 20% lost, my rewards and other numbers are listed HERE

As you can guess I am pretty stoked about this past week and my progress overall. Gotta keep it up; gotta go get some more :-)

I weigh in on Sunday's, I am not certain really why I chose Sunday. It was either going to be on Saturday or Sunday so that I couldn't have the excuse of being rushed on a weekday morning and potentially skip a weigh in. Then again I know there will be weekends I am not home on Sunday and am not sure what I will do then. Well, yes I do, I will weigh in on Monday, duh. But as for why Sunday, well if I think it through then I guess Saturday morning seems dangerous. If I have a bad weigh in that morning and get discouraged then I have the whole weekend to really erase allot of hard work with a self-a pity party. Not that I can't do that after a Sunday weigh in too. Having it on Sunday I believe forces me to think about the next days weigh in during the day Saturday and provides a bit more motivation on making healthy choices. That of course leaves more mental challenge to stay healthy on Sunday after the weigh in. But after a weigh in such as this morning that won't be hard at all today as I am fired up and ready for more!

What day of the week do you hold your official weigh in and why?

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the great loss! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Patrick you are doing amazing!! Definitely inspirational to see that you are really sticking to your plan (something I need to do more of). I officially weigh in on tuesday mornings at my weight watchers meetings! I kind of like doing it then because I will not binge on bad food on the weekends like I used to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome loss!

    I don't have official weigh ins anymore, but they were on Tuesdays. First, it let me get through any weekend setbacks...and Secondly, my system seemed to, shall we say, evacuate better on Monday's at work...don't ask me why...perhaps a version of shy bowel or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your thinking on your weigh in! Good way to keep you motivated!

    Huge congrats on your accomplishments! Keep that close in your mind and NO MATTER WHAT, do not let anything ruin what you have already done. Bad days or people can get you in moods that lead to bad places.. just keep in mind that you worked hard & they or the situation is not worth ruining all your hard work! IT was them, not you!

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the kind words. It does feel good to be on a run of momentum.

    Likewise, keep at it folks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on a terrific weigh in Patrick. You are just doing amazing. My weigh-in is Wednesday because that's when my TOPS meeting is but I tend to weigh most days now just to see how my weight flucuates. I'm getting better with the scale not driving me to eat out of emotion.

    ReplyDelete