Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Day 20 - Lighten up

Nope, Lighten up does not refer to a thought on losing weight. Although that would've been a good title for a rant on 'lightening up'. Instead I myself need to lighten up if only for a day. My recent posts have been fairly serious in trying to undertand when to eat, exercise, take supplements and what if any, etc... and thanks to the many of you who have shared your thoughts in a serious and sincere manner.

But today it is a day to give the brain a rest from all those heavy thoughts and inject some laughter. So here I go...



A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?" The stock boy replied, "No ma'am, they're dead."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Q: Ever wonder about people who pay $2 for a bottle of Evian water?
A: Just spell "Evian" backwards!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Johnny: Daddy, are caterpillars good to eat?
Father: Have I not told you never to mention such things during meals!
Mother: Why did you say that, Junior? Why did you ask the question?
Johnny: It's because I saw one on daddy's lettuce, but now it's gone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With more than twelve billion catalogs being mailed annually, it's little wonder that marketers are distributing mailing lists anywhere possible. In one particularly cruel move, the proprietors of a chocolate catalog purchased the mailing list of a weight-loss organization. Chocolate sales rose almost immediately, but the weight-loss group wised up and now keeps it clients' names to itself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A family of three tomatoes were walking downtown one day when the little baby tomato started lagging behind. The big father tomato walks back to the baby tomato, stomps on her, squashing her into a red paste, and says, "Ketchup!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, that's enough from me. I take no credit for authoring any of them, thanks to ahajokes.com.

Got a funny? Share'em if you got'em.

Laugh out loud today!

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

6 comments:

  1. I suck at joke telling...I don't think I could even reprint one that would end up being funny...that is why I simply have sarcastic wit...

    Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a corny joke but here it is
    "what did one elevator say to the other elevator?"

    "I think I am coming down with something"

    lol pure cheese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle, sarcastic wit is indeed a necessary skill in life.

    Lauren, I like cheese! Talking elevators would be a bit creepy though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://thepoliticaltipster.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/swingometer.jpg&imgrefurl=http://thepoliticaltipster.wordpress.com/2007/11/17/can-we-use-the-swingometer-to-predict-us-elections/&h=169&w=218&sz=5&tbnid=AZDl3Ds9eXenBM:&tbnh=83&tbnw=107&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSwingometer&usg=__VFy9ZMOaEVLqvpbtpZ2rcKw3-4o=&ei=CCLlS9OlGZq60gTU9-C0AQ&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=3&ct=image&ved=0CCQQ9QEwAg sorry its such a long link lol....but I thought you would like to see it lol.

    Blue~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue, thanks. That was an interesting read. With our electoral system in the US you do have to apply any predictability tools to each state. Prediction the country as a whole can make for good debate but is usually futile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These were really cute, gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete