Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 28 - Vernon County, WI

Good Morning Blogger!

This morning my wife & I, along with my brother in law and two of our nieces, have awaken in Vernon County, Wisconsin. Well I am awake (5:30 a.m.), they continue their slumber. I am making this blog post from my blackberry; hence why the test post yesterday of our youngest cat.

That is Monica, my niece, in this photo. We stopped for dinner last night at Quaker Steak & Lube in Madison, WI; about 75 minutes south of here. QS&L is known for it's wings and some wickedly wonderful sauces. I am a wing fanatic so we always hit this place when we make this trip.

Monica is what I call a 'saucey' wing eater, just look at all that sauce on her face :-) ,and that's after wiping her mug for this photo. Alicia, her older sister not pictured, she's the opposite, a 'spiffy' wing eater; not a drop of sauce on her anywhere as she worked her plate.

You may be wondering what a place like QS&L did to my 'diet'. Actually I think I did well. I had a single order of wings vs the 1/2 bucket the old me would have started with. A side salad was enjoyed with it too. Yesterday I ate very well before QS&L, knowing I'd go there for a late dinner. I also left work early and got in an exercise session on the home gym. So I am hoping at worst yesterday was a wash. We'll see tomorrow as it is weigh-in day.

Why are we here? This 200+ acre farm in the middle of nowhere is where we hunt. It is owned by a close family friend and he is talking about selling it. So we've come up to ponder buying a portion of it as we'd hate to lose the ability to hunt here. Today we'll walk all over this place to size up a 50 acre hunk to make an offer on. You know what that means; "fresh-air cardio" baby!

Well I hear movement from the bedrooms, so I'm about to have company and need to wrap this up.

You getting in your cardio today?

Have a phenominal weekend!

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

5 comments:

  1. Good luck on your possible purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...wings or not, you knew it was coming, you planned for it, and you also kept the portion in check. That is very healthy.

    Very exciting about your land opportunity...anything in season now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I admire people who can eat wings without getting sauce everywhere. Good job sticking with your plan at a restaurant like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't find your email so please read this http://losing-on-purpose.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-second-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyle, Turkey are in season now and we sure did see a bunch of them. But as there wasn't a single shotgun amongst us they'll have to wait until another day.

    River, Thanks again a bunch for the award.

    ReplyDelete