Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 24 - My Rewards

Monday was a great day. Ate superbly, hit the dumbbells and had my best workout with them so far, just a fine day. Let's see if Tuesday can go just as well. How was your Monday?

Ok, yesterday I wrote about rewards - Thanks for your comments on rewards, opinions on deserving them, affordability, etc... So yesterday I stopped short of defining my goals. Having left myself hanging there I thought about them often throughout Monday and have made my list. The structure is to reward myself for every 10% of progress. I am looking to lose 121 pounds from my start of 320 pounds so every 12 pounds lost is another 10% and a reward will be mine! I set this up based on stuff I like and want; good characteristics for a reward don't you think? However, setting each reward at 10% had me thinking that that is 10 rewards and those can add up to a lot of cash if I don't show a little restraint. To add a bit of balance I set it up so the odd-tens, 10%, 30% etc... these would be fairly inexpensive rewards. At least compared to the even-tens, 20%, do I really need to explain that ? ;-)

Enough explaining, here are my rewards which I intend to visualize myself enjoying as a means to motivate me to get to my goal weight of 199 pounds...

My Rewards~
10%~Work out clothes (all I have now are old t-shirts, shorts & sweats from the 90's)

20%~Computer bag (the one I have now is in bad shape)

30%~Three Pack of Hot Sauce (to feed my hot sauce collection, nearly 300 bottles with room for more)

40%~Masterbuilt Hitch-Haul® Cargo Carrier (We are a family of hunters and this will come in handy)

50%~Four Pack of Hot Sauce

60%~Hunting Rifle (Savage Arms, not sure yet whether to get a 7mm, a .308 or a .30-06; time yet to decide; hunting season is in November, can I achieve this one by then?)

70%~Five Pack of Hot Sauce

80%~Bedtime Reader's Nightstand (actually to use by my chair in the family room)

90%~Six Pack of Hot Sauce

100%~Daytona 500 Week of NASCAR racing (My wife and I are big NASCAR fans and we've talked about going to Daytona soon so we may as well earn it. This one, the 100% reward, is a joint goal. My wife is working at losing a chunk of weight too. So which ever one of us that gets to their 100% first has the added incentive to help motivate the other the rest of the way because we want to go to Daytona!)

If you have a rewards list you are working toward I would love to see it; who has one?

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

7 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I would never have guessed that you've only been blogging for about a month, you really have a great writing style.

    I think your rewards are great! I also set up some rewards for myself a while ago, now I don't remember what they are ha ha! I have achieved 2 of them, and I'm closing in on the third reward. Since I don't have much weight to lose, I reward myself every 5 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, wow, thanks for the comment on my blogging. It has been fun, and helpful, so definitely will keep at it. Read some of your recent posts earlier this morning; I was looking for more pictures of your breakfast :-) and I saw a few of your family at a Bruins game. I'm a Nascar fan first, Hockey fan 2nd.. maybe, just maybe we will see a Blackhawks v. Bruins Stanley Cup this year; it could happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soo suck at motivating myself or even thinking im worthy of or can aford a reward..

    THANK YOU!!! These posts have encouraged me. i'm going to think really hard and try and come up with a system of my own and rewards for myself. It maybe will give me some (whats the word im looking for) accountability?? A reason to keep trying i guess. I am so on it!! I need at LEAST a week tho!! (shame on me, i've never even set a GOAL weight) too chicken i wouldn't make it.

    Your such a motivator. hard to stay in a funk reading your blog!! Ty Ty Ty!!

    Trina~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...clearly you are dedicated to your hot sauce! Sounds like some great rewards. I'm not a hunter, but do like guns! We haven't had a chance to shoot in ages, though. My Glock 17, my wife's Sig P226, and our Bushmaster AR-15 remain unshot...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trina,
    Accountability seems to be one of the keys to mission we’ve embarked on, Looking forward to hearing what you come up with for rewards.

    Kyle,
    Hot Sauce - amen to that. Sounds like you have an opportunity to set up a reward where you get to exercise those fine firearms .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patrick, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm not a hot sauce girl, but when I get in several really intense workout I reward myself my downloading a few new songs on my i-pod. It helps me get through my workouts to have good music to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, as well thanks for stopping by. You have reminded me here to get my iPod dusted off and back in use. I haven't used it in year and it would be nice to have for walks, elliptical, etc… rewarding with new songs; genius!

    ReplyDelete