Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 25 - Mad Cat

My wife & I have 4 kids, all teenagers. Yeah I know, what were we thinking? We also have 4 cats. Yeah I know, just how hard did we hit our heads?



One of our cats, Crush (pictured), has a lot of dog in him. His primary canine trait is that he begs for food while we eat dinner. And because we apparently hit our heads rather hard we will indulge him with a small bite or two at most meals. Meat, just about any meat, he works those big eyes hard for a taste.



As of late Crush has not been so happy. For 25 days now he hasn't been getting the goodies as he used to. Simply our meals have been healthier; more veggies, fruits, better grains and a bit less meat. Just a bit less. Getting healthy or not, I am a carnivore; always will be. However since I've been eating portion-wise I have been less generous in giving into his pandering. Poor Crush; he can get healthy too.

Tuesday was a good day. Ate good, didn't exercise though. After four days in a row getting the exercise in I decided to take a day off. My lazy-boy needed me you could say.

Stairs, a quick stair thought. Recall my change #2 was to take the stairs at work. And I have been doing so, two or three times a day. Yesterday I ascended the four times; my first four-peat! May not sound like much but I got a small 'Oh Yeah' out of it.

Busy day today; work, lunch with a colleague, dinner with one of my sons, then a school event with another son. I'm ready for it and I'll have it my way, healthy!

Its hump day, what are going to do with it?

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

7 comments:

  1. Patrick, I came across your blog on one that I am following and decided to check it our. I am now a follower. Your cat is really cute. I have 3 dogs and they are my babies. Our kids are grown, so I am on a mission to lose weight. Good luck on yours to weight 199 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I couldn't post earlier going to try again. Great rewards, loved the Crush story too. I'm a big cat person. We use to have 4 too but they all died off of old age but one. We use to have a little begger too that would tap you on the leg with her paw when she wanted something and you better listen lol. Way to go on the stairs and the exercise too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, thanks for stopping by, I will check out your blog soon. Cats aren't very good for exercising with, but dogs should be depending on the size of the dog. Do you walk/jog with your dogs? Every once in a while I see someone running with a dog on a leash. Sometimes the person is pulling the dog, and sometimes the opposite.

    Dawn, I had the same problem too with posting earlier. Crush nuzzles when he wants a bite, Throws the cute big eyes at us too. He is persistent and usually gets a bite from someone. Just getting them less from me these days/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitty is too funny! He sure looks pissed off in that picture LOL! He's probably thinking, "Just because HE'S on a diet, why do I have to be too?!"

    I like how you say you're doing it your way - the healthy way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly, I'm a bunny person, and my bunny was like a dog lol, she scratched open doors, peeked around corners,, and ducked if spotted peeking over the stairs she wasn't allowed up!! Sadly my honey bun passed away.

    I enjoy all animals though, and your begging kitty sounds to be a cutie pie.

    way to go on the stairs. Soon you'll be running them, taking 2 at a time!! dare i say it!! Skipping and hopping down them!!

    Thumbs up Patrick, keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great when the whole family can benefit, even if is 4 legged family, from a healthier lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, yep, Crush can get frustrated at times; which can be entertaining. Not sure how to teach a cat patience.

    Trina, I haven't met many bunny people in my days. I wonder if teaching a bunny patience is as elusive as teaching a cat the same?

    Kyle, indeed, I'd like to believe that getting healthy as a family has to increase ones individual chance of success.

    Thanks for thoughts everyone; I'll be sure to share them with Crush :-)

    ReplyDelete