Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 15 - 6% Progress

Bullet one dodged. My nephew's 1st Communion yesterday was a great time. The temptations were definitely there to get too close and personal with all the pizza my sister had delivered for dinner. But, thanks to those of you who offered suggestions on how to gear up to dodge the temptations, and some earnest discipline on my part and also that of my wife; I did just that, dodged the urges and came out victorious! I did have one slice of the pizza that was loaded with veggies, had sausage on it too. But my sister also made a huge garden salad so I made that my dinner and treated that slice of pizza as a side dish. Oh, I had one bottle of Miller Lite too. Come on, the hockey game was on; I'm supposed to watch a hockey game with diet soda?

For the trip I brought that huge water bottle and chugged that down; half before the church service and half after. I also ate a Fuji Apple on the short trip between the church and my sisters... Dawn, Thanks for that tip.

Dinner of course included dessert and my sister asked if I wanted some; but Blue,
I said 'No thanks I am fine'... Thanks for that tip.

Oh, dessert, here is the cake that my sister made for Michael...

It's an alligator, made of cup cakes, quite impressive work for my sister considering she has never been known for her culinary deft.

Yesterday was a great day all around. In the morning I got in a hour of cardio and cobbled together a 9-exercise dumbbell routine and did 3-sets of each of those. And the best part, I did all of that 'moving' with my son too so got some quality father/son time in too. Oh, and a shout out to my wife who got up and went to the YMCA and swam 30+ laps for her 'moving' yesterday. Yep, we kicked butt on 'Moving Day'!

Today of course my arms and shoulders are sore, sore, sore. Been here before so I knew yesterday as I was busting out flys, and bent over rows, etc... that I'd be sore today. Nothing a few Advil can't cut the edge off of. The best pain reliever however was when I hopped on the scale. OK, I didn't hop on it, I don't hop. Regardless how I got up there when I looked down the numbers were quite rewarding; 4 pounds lost this past week which now has me 6% of the way to my goal; I weigh 313 today. Cool!

Bullet two today; that family brunch. Kyle  I'll be putting your tip to the test today at this all-you-can-eat brunch; that being find one healthy item and put the most of that in the middle of the plate. Fingers crossed I dodge this bullet as well as I did yesterday's.

Wishing all of you a victorious Sunday!

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome and awesomer! You are making some great progress and making some key choices that will keep you motivated on moving in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing terrific Patrick and way to go to the wifey too. Sounds like you are having a great weekend. Way to go on that 4 lbs too I just couldn't stop smiling for you. Hope you have a good time today and good tip from Kyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its nice to read someone with determination and commitment in their voice - grrrrrr go get'em tiger! lol.

    Blue~

    ReplyDelete