Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 34 - Laugh

Friday is here. Did you hear me; FRIDAY IS HERE!!!

Time for another visit to the lighter side of things. I saw this yesterday and thought it worthy of sharing here. Hope you enjoy…

Ten New Diets by Judy Pokras

You've tried Dr. Stillman's Quick Weight Loss Diet, the Sardine Diet, the Grapefruit Diet, and more, but you're still lugging those extra pounds around. What's a food lover to do? Good news! Ten new diets have just arrived on the scene. One of them is bound to do the trick.

1. The Internet Diet. You lose weight because you're so addicted to being online, you don't eat for days at a time.
2. The Fantasy Diet. You eat a Collard Wrap while fantasizing you're really eating Death by Chocolate.
3. The Play With Your Food Diet. You're so busy making a castle out of your mashed potatoes, you forget to eat them.
4. The Food Chess Diet. You and a friend play chess using food tidbits as chess pieces. You are only allowed to eat when you capture your friend's players. You lose the game and you lose weight.
5. The Rolling Table Diet. You sit on a chair on wheels, trying to eat at a table on wheels. The motorized floor under your table is constantly shifting, so you don't get to eat much, and thus lose weight. (This is similar to The Seasick Diet, but takes place in your own land-lubbing home.)
6. The Fisherperson Diet. A fisherperson holds a pole whose end is attached to a morsel of food in your mouth. Every time you try to bite down on the food, the fisherperson pulls the food away.
7. The Puffed Food Diet. All your favorite foods are re-made in the style of puffed wheat or puffed rice. Your Cheese Ravioli is now mostly air, so you don't gain any weight.
8. The Mock Puffed Food Diet. In this diet, all the foods you like to eat are made of styrofoam, to resemble the Puffed Food Diet. Now you can't eat the food at all. (You try to, and spit it out.) You really lose weight.
9. The Edible Flowers Diet. You are only allowed to eat edible flowers. You get bored with them and eat nothing, thus lose weight.
10. The Love Diet. You munch playfully on your sweetheart's hand. You gain no calories; you lose weight. Your sweetheart loses interest in you because s/he preferred you with love handles.
Ok, maybe that was goofy more so than funny - but, I don't know about you but the Rolling Table Diet sounds like fun! And the Mock Puffed Food Diet does not sound fun at all.

This weekend we have absolutely nothing planned. Nothing worth noting here anyhow. Which means we should be able to find plenty of time to exercise, watch NASCAR and Hockey - Go Blackhawks!

What do you have planned this weekend?

Whatever you do this weekend enjoy it and stay healthy!

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

3 comments:

  1. funny post! I liked the mock puffed food diet. I'm pretty sure that one would work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I have to try the rolling chair diet. This might work.. Ha Ha. I needed this laugh today. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I lost 10 lbs in the last year on what I like to call "The Home Improvement Diet." I spent so much time painting, sanding and sewing things for my house that I sometimes had to remind myself to eat.

    ReplyDelete