Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 33 - Lasagna In Da House

Yesterday my son & I walked around Lake Andrea (2.25 miles) in 44:40, that's two full minutes better than the last time we walked it. The walk sure felt good, and we sweated good too as it was sunny & in the 70s. The new PR (personal record) or not it was a genuinely great time burning calories!

What exercise have you enjoyed recently?

School is ending in the next couple of weeks for our kids. The summer break is all but here. We have no firm/set 'big' vacation plans this year. Just a week trip to a few colleges in Illinois, Iowa & Wisconsin. Our oldest (girl) is a senior next year and the three boys are close behind her. Part of me is glad we don't have an extravagant vacation planned; too much temptation & opportunity to fall off our healthy mission. Don't get me wrong, I love me a nice vacation, but it is not what I need this year. And I don't need a super~duper vacation to have a blast with the family.

Who has vacation plans for the summer?

Tonight is lasagna night! Or better explained by being lasagna night it also means my wife is cooking. She is a good cook, but she doesn't like to cook & therefore doesn't cook much. She gets an urge to whip up her amazing lasagna 2-3 times a year. The kids wish it would happen 2-3 times a week ;-) This lasagna has not been modified in any way to be healthier than usual. So we can't pretend it is anything but what it is, an indulgence and a gift. So I'll enjoy me a savory portion tonight, just one, and no more. Which also means my exercise before dinner needs to be savory as well. Yeah, the words savory & exercise, they don't seem to go together do they? Nor do scrumptious, delectable or ambrosial; all of which also describe said lasagna. How about I just exercise my tail off without an adjective to describe it…

Go get yourself some Thursday...

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

9 comments:

  1. oooh lasagna, too bad i hate cheese and i am italian so that is a sin i know. my summer plans are i am going to disney in august!! woot

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok LaurenD...nobody hates cheese...that is silly talk...JK.

    Sometimes, Patrick, all we can do is brace ourselves for a meal...and you are planning ahead for the exercise.

    There are just some creations that shouldn't be messed with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think certain foods should be messed with either! And lasagna is one of them. If you are going to eat it, have a nice piece and enjoy it to the fullest! Sounds like that's exactly what you plan on doing. It's good to decide in advance what you are going to do.

    And we are going to Bermuda this summer! I have family there so we don't have to stay at a hotel. We always have such a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren, you hate cheese. I live very close to the Wisconsin border. You know they imprison people there who slander cheese products? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Hmmm, let's hope TB does read this post, he is from WI if I recall :-)

    Kyle, I like the concept of bracing myself for this lasagna encounter. I am prepared for impact!

    Carla, wow a Bermuda vacation; you'll have to work hard at not having fun there. I wonder, do they have lasagna in Bermuda?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA sorry people I seriously hate it with a passion, I cannot be near it, have it near me at the table, I have to plug my nose when I wash my boyfriends salad bowl after he uses ceasar dressing which has cheese in it lol. Good thing I do not live in Wisconsin...I would be a big sinner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your walk!!! I am not a pasta fan & can't do cheese so.... I don't have to worry about that but sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog today. I was over at Kyle's and saw one of your comments.

    This post was funny to me because my mother-in-law sounds just like your wife and she makes us a treat of lasagna a few times a year as well. Guess what, just the other night she made her lasagna!!

    It was the first time that she had made since I had embarked on my new healthier lifestyle. I did decide to have a piece but I was very proud of myself. I had a small portion, a salad, and some steamed veggies. I enjoyed it immensely and honestly was very satisfied with the small portion that I had. I was very happy to be able to work some of my old real life into my new healthy one.

    For vacation this year my husband, step-son, my sister and her 2 sons, another niece, my parents, and I are all going to Port Aransas on the Texas Gulf Coast. We are going just for a few days over July 4 (which is my hubby's and my anniversary). Should be a blast. We rented a beautiful 5 bdrm. home right on the beach. The kids have never been to see the ocean so they are all very excited. We have plans to jet ski, go horseback riding, on a tour to see the dolphins, and whatever other adventures we happen upon.

    Keep up the amazing work. It looks like you are definitely on the right track.

    Rock it, live it, own it!
    Lisa

    www.fightingtobehealthy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, Hi… nice to see you here, I'll check out your blog shortly. Lasagna is a delight and being healthy or not I say we gotta work it in once in a while. Your vacation sounds like a good time waiting to happen. I have not been to the Texas coast but have been to gulf shores Alabama (pre-Katrina) and that was a good time. Rock it, live it, own it! - I like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhh lasagna, my family also loves mine and I only make it a few times a year, they actually voted for it on Christmas even lol. I have worked at making it healthier but a few times it just didn't come out like "dawn's lasagna" so I have cut fat/calories a little but not as much as I could because of taste. Anyway, enjoy it and then work your butt off lol.

    Way to go on the improved time on your walk with your son.

    As for an exercise I've enjoyed lately it's been the running. Darn black toe though has me taking a break from it. Hopefully will be back to it soon though. I also hope to get out there kayaking soon. Trina's never been so maybe I will give her her first adventure *smile*. I have an inflatable 2 person one. Might just be what we both need a great day out on the water alone.

    As for vacation we are going camping/hiking this year so it will be a family affair but also very good for our health too. I am super excited about it and so is the family (well maybe not Marie so much lol).

    ReplyDelete