Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 38 - Podcasting

Recently I dusted off my iPod which I hadn't used in a year or more. It had to be well more than a year as most of the podcasts on it were from the 2008 elections. Now that I am walking, using the elliptical, etc. I wanted music to go with the exercise. In syncing up the iPod I dumped all of the old podcasts and went looking for news one related to health & fitness.

Over the past week or so I have listened to a dozen or more of the hundreds out there. So far none have blown me away as having new ideas, sound advice and just enjoyable to listen to. A lot seem to just spew the obvious. I'll keep searching for better.

The one I've liked the most so far is "The Fitness Boost". The author does a short podcast weekly which in part promotes his web site / blog and drives traffic there. Most podcasts do this so you have to accept that & listen around the sales pitches. He has been where we started, unhealthy & hoping for better. On his podcast his focus is motivation and mind set for living healthy vs. strict diet / exercise techniques. The latter you can get from him to at his site, although I admit I haven't really checked out his sit in depth. I suppose since I've come to believe this mission is more mental than practical is why this podcast appeals to me. As I said I will keep looking for other podcasts with fresh takes on inspiring, educating, etc. about being healthy.

Does anyone have a favorite podcast(s) they listen regularly to assist them with being healthy?

Yesterday exercise was 30 minutes on the elliptical. It was just 30 to fill some time. I intended to take the day off but when I got home I said why not jump on that vs. riding my recliner through some bad television. It was late, 8:30 p.m., and only our youngest was home watching stuff only teenagers can understand on the tube. What better way to wait for your wife to get home than to work up a sweat ;-)

Need to send a shout out to some blogger friends who have received well deserved rewards...
Both have engaging blogs and my hats off to them on their awards. If you don't already follow them check them out!

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey I just noticed that Blue also received an award; congrats to you too Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on the 30 min of exercise. I do not have an Ipod, but I am thinking about getting one. Which one would you recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mizfit and dietgirl have a podcast they do sometimes. They are 2 great ladies that are worth a listen for sure. I got to meet Mizfit recently at a blogger convention in Baltimore. She's terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never listened to a Podcast! This is something new to me that I will have to check out! I did listen to some self hypnosis weight loss stuff a while back that you just reminded me of, that I will have to listen to again, it was quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, My iPod is a Nano, one of the older rectangular ones. Since I bought this some 3-4 years ago the newest rage, the iTouch has come on the market. If you are going to invest in an Apple 'i' product, definitely go iTouch. They vary in price depending on how much memory you want. I will likely graduate to an iTouch soon enough.

    Dawn, Mizfit and dietgirl - not heard of them and will look them up the next time I'm on iTunes. Thanks

    Carla, hypnosis, I know nothing about it. You've had success with it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx for the shout out! What a great way to wait for your wife! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!

    I just have a shuffle which makes it hard for podcasts & such so just music for me!

    ReplyDelete