Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 29 - 11% Progress

FIRST > Happy Birthday to my sister! She is three years younger than I and has been healthy her whole life for the most part. May that be true for a long time to come.

SECOND > I have been given an award! Thank You River and also Kyle. River bestowed it upon me yesterday, and Kyle did so back on April 30th. I must confess that when Kyle awarded it to me I didn't understand it, how awards work here, so I didn't make the connection as to it's meaning and the thoughtfulness behind giving it to me. Recall, I am new to Blogger, as of today I've only been here 29 days. But today, I do get it, understand the awards I've seen on the many blogs I follow and I am honored to have been recognized by both Kyle & River. Thank You both of you!!!

Now that I get it, I then too recognize that in accepting this award I have the following rules to consider:

1-Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!
2-Choose one of the following and post it on a blog post.
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc) and post it.
3-Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself. Don’t forget to tell them.

For Number 1; oh yeah I am excited! No doubt there...
For Number 2; Hhmmm, 2a is the obvious choice but man I am not looking for a hangover, 2c is not doable as I am no mix-master, 2d is something I am not set up for and should fix, 2e requires me to think about doing so as I wake up which is not likely, so... 2b it is (see below).
For Number 3; There are so many I could pass this on to, but in sticking to the rule for just three I shall bestow this upon... Blue, Trina, and Dave

All three have inspired me in various ways, gave me things to think about which 29 days ago I wouldn't have considered, and simply are very deserving of this honor for their efforts. Blue, Trina & Dave please accept this award and have fun in passing it on.

Here it is 2b; My most embarrassing moment... Way back in college on a hot summer evening my girl friend & I went for a swim which turned into skinny-dipping. We had only been seeing each other a week or so and this was the first time we had seen each other naked. About 15 minutes into the 'skin swim' she swam back from the raft we were on to shore, and started getting dressed. I got back to shore just as she finished dressing, just in time to see her grab up my clothes and towel and bolt! She ran off, what could I do but chase her, and I did until she tossed them over a 8-foot fence into the back yard of a house twenty some yards away. She said sorry and ran back to the car and took off!!! Pissed, obviously, I made my way over the fence and started grabbing up my clothes. As I reached for them on the grass the back door to the house opened and an eruption of cheers and jeers followed. Before me now was a dozen college kids well on their way with their evening drunk. Some I knew, others not, regardless I was quite embarrassed and dressed in record time. I got over that quickly though and joined the party; haven't thought about that in years. Oh, she showed up at the party an hour or two later. It was all a set up I never saw coming; college prank. We had a few more weeks of good times and that was it; oh to be in college again. Thank goodness that in the days before digital cameras, you-tube and the like.

THIRD > Can I get an Oh Yeah! As of this morning I am 11% of the way to my goal; I've lost 13 pounds in four weeks, 3 of them this past week. Today I weighed in at 307 pounds. After another week I'll cash in on my goal for reaching the 10% Progress mark assuming I haven't had a backslide back under 10%; and that aint happening.

Feeling good today; hope you are too this Sunday!

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, Patrick! I really appreciate it. And, I'm still not sure how these things work, but I might give this one a whirl since Kyle gave me one way back when.

    Keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you are making great progress Patrick.

    And if that had happened to me in college, you would have read about the massacre in the paper the following day....I don't take well to pranks. You are a good sport.

    Keep it up...the terrific two's are getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, my pleasure - you've earned it!

    Kyle, thanks for the good words... yeah that prank was less than fun. Being a college kid must have numbed my sense of pride.

    ReplyDelete