In search for an old photo of me I randomly went to a year in out digital library, chose 2004. I found this beauty of me receiving an early Christmas gift. Wow, that is one big dude there. Somewhere in the 320's I am guessing. Ugh, Double Ugh!
Yesterday I came home a tad early to beat winter traffic during a sleet & snow downfall. Not a storm, just a steady all day drone of the stuff; enough to double my usual 40 minute commute.
So being home early what do I do? Well I workout of course. Did cardio the past two days, thus today is weight training day. So I changed from my business casual garb & jumped into a mix-match of sweat pants & a tshirt and head into the basement.
A good 15 minutes of stretching and then a round of core specific exercises I do from time to time; meaning I am not as consistent with core exercises as I ought to be. From there on to the upper body workout. Not 10 minutes goes by and I get bored. Oh the workout was going fine, I just had a wandering mind. Probably because I was alone in the basement minus a cat chasing who knows what over yonder.
My anti-boredom solution? Who knows why I did this but I grabbed my iTouch & made a video...
Ok if you watched that perhaps you have validation as to my boredom. When the idea to do this hit me I had ideas of making a few more. But after viewing this take I figured not a good idea; how exciting is watching someone bench press? Instead of deleting it as my intuition suggested, I am not one to keep a chuckle to myself, hope you enjoyed.
Couple of clarifications from the video...
- In it I said I had 45 plates on to get started, I did have 45s on but it wasn't my first set; this was my 3rd. I meant get 'started' on the video.
- The bright light, it is what it is; a light bulb. Hope it wasn't too annoying.
- This was actually the 2nd take of this video, the first was about 11 seconds long. That's when I remembered the shirt I was wearing. I turned it inside out for take-two; it is a very politically-sharp shirt and I really don't like to mix my politics in with this blog.
- I pointed out the "Fitness Warrior" towel I have hastily hung on the background for motivation; if you aren't familiar with Bobbie's goods check her out.
- Finally, I really chose not to make another video because messing around with setting if up was interrupting my workout too much. Oh I'll fiddle with it again someday just for fun, maybe you can watch me do sit ups soon!
What do you do when in the middle of a workout and boredom hits?
Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!