Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 272 - Food Speak, Sort Of

source
"We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors and furniture polish is made from real lemons." -Alfred E. Newman
My 2-cents; Lemonade is like lays potato chips, you can't eat/drink just one.

source
“What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning with infinite artfulness, the red wine of Shiraz into urine?" -Isak Dineson, Danish author
My 2-cents; I hate wine!

source
“Salsa has now passed ketchup as America's favorite condiment. Isn't that amazing? You know it's bad when even our vegetables are starting to lose their jobs to Mexico.” -Jay Leno, on the Tonight Show
My 2-cents; Salsa is awesome & I make a killer salsa, recipe here for your enjoyment.

source
“An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup." -H.L. Mencken
My 2-cents; Cabbage scent in the kitchen is a welcome scent in my book. Boiled, fried, raw, my cabbage!

Yep, that is all I have today.
In a mellow mood and a bit shallow on thoughts.
Some days less is more, right?

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

14 comments:

  1. I love me some salsa! YUM! Thanks for sharing the recipe, Patrick! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mencken quote was my favorite, Patrick, but I'm not so sure that defines an idealist as much as a fool. I know some people equate them, but not I.

    Thanks for the salsa recipe!

    Stay warm ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hope you are having a nice mellow day to go with your mood Patrick. It's true, somedays less is more but I always enjoy hearing all you dish out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the salsa recipe, thanks!!! Love my guacamole, too...avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper, sweet onion and tomato diced. VOILA!!!

    Yes, less is more, a practice that I strive to command one day...


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cabbage steamed with a little (Bacon). Am I allowed to say (Bacon) here?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems how you are the the quoting mood..
    "If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow."
    (My Zen calendar today)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for a good homemade salsa recipe so thanks a lot for the recipe and all the additional pointers. I read Alfred E. Newman when I was younger - "What me worry?"

    My Page-A-Day Notebook says, "We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."

    ReplyDelete
  8. The salsa bit made me think... leave it to leno...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quotes! Thanks for the salsa recipe - think I'll be trying the Hot version! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are great :) thanks for the salsa recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmmm salsa, YUM!

    A little story for you:
    DH and I were in the kitchen yesterday making salsa and since we don't have a food processor we used a blender(mistake one) and since we didn't have garlic we used powered garlic (mistake two) and since we didn't have real tomatoes we used canned stewed tomatoes (mistake three)....so we ended up with a really cold tomato soup :-P...next time i will use your recipe ;-)(and go out and by ingredients,lol, that was our biggest mistake)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lemonade -true! Never thought about it that way.
    But it is true!

    ReplyDelete