Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 70 - World Cup Feast

The USA plays Ghana today in the World Cup. Only sixteen teams left and the remaining games are elimination games. Win, and move on. Lose and go home. Our kids are huge soccer fans and all into the World Cup fever. The game starts in about an hour.

This morning they awoke and asked that we have a feast for the game. Ok, I like a feast, so I ask what they want; chicken breasts, salad, fruit, wild rice; does any of that sound good to them? Oh no, not for a world cup game, "We want a Bacon Explosion!", they say in unison. Apparently my wife made them a deal; if the USA makes it to the round of sixteen they can have a Bacon Explosion. Yeah, our kids love there Mom allot :-)

The Bacon Explosion, have you heard of it? (click here for recipe). Oh it is nothing short of a culinary master piece. As good as it is, it is also very bad. An all out blitzkrieg on a healthy diet. Being the trooper I am, with the help of my son Ryan, I have made one for them. There you see the one we made this morning as it hit the smoker for its 2.5 hour smoke bath. Basically the Bacon Explosion is a pork lovers delight that consists of pre-cooked bacon bits wrapped within a layer of Italian sausage and then that layer of sausage rolled up in a lattice of bacon slices. It is about the size of an american football before it gets smoked. I also put some onion and jalapenos in mine.

Whew, I am getting so hungry writing this. However, I am making this Bacon Explosion for them for the most part. I shall allow myself a small slice of this delicacy, and no more. We are also grilling up some corn on the cob and a salad will be made as well. This morning my son Cameron whipped up a batch of salsa which I've shared with you before (click here for that recipe). I'll get a bunch of that salsa goodness busy in a good sized salad and that will be my main course. The slice of bacon explosion love will be my side dish.

Exercise, we went on a walk this morning to get some cardio in. I plan on getting in my dumbbel routine sometime this afternoon after the game too. Definitely trying to be sure I burn off whatever Bacon Explosion that does enter my body today.

What are you up to today? Watching any World Cup action??

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

5 comments:

  1. I am not a bacon or pork fan so this does nothing for me. I know! Not a soccer fan either.. I know! :-)

    OK, enjoy! I hope your family that eats that thing eats healthy a majority of the other times cause that thing can do major damage to the arteries & the waist line!!! YIKES! So glad it is not my thing!

    PS: Sorry about my lack of commenting the other days. I am off.. sometimes I think I have gone to people's sites but have not.. getting too old! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading how you learn to incorporate your new, healthy way of eating into your life! You don't try to change everybody else, mess with family tradition, or change the food to fit in...you are changing yourself! I believe this is the key to successfully losing weight while living the best life you can. Congratulations! Oh, and truly enjoy your one slice of bacon explosion! Looks and sounds delicious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...the 'Pizza' was for lunch and not barbecue'd lol....,although the way I wrote it you could be forgiven for being confused lol.

    Barbecue? I am not one of those who is a sausage fan - at least not charred sausages lol, this afternoon I mixed some maple syrup with some wholegrain mustared and turned the chicken breasts a couple times in that just to make sure they were nice and covered - then I will part cook them in the cooooker - (I have serious issues with meat cooked on most barbecue's) and they will be 'finihsed off' on the barbecue just to say they saw it - :) Bombay potato, sweetcorn, pea and roasted tomato salad with mozzarella balls - and pizza express 'light' dressing - requested by Miss number one daughter. Howzat!! We play Germany tomorrow - oog!! I think its fair to say that we have a footie history with Germany -- and its time to sort it!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Can something sound tasty and disgusting at the same time?

    We are not soccer fans at our house, but I think any reason for a family to celebrate is very cool. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no TV...perhaps I can find it streaming live on the internet somewhere.

    ReplyDelete