Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 49 - NSV Punched

Try as I may I just couldn't wait any longer. Back and forth I went with myself on whether to buy a new belt, or, add a hole to my existing belt. My pants kept increasing their threat to fall down with each passing day, Finally, I couldn't wait to make a decision any longer. So there you see it, me, at my work bench about to punch a new hole in my current belt as soon as I finished taking that picture.

Oh, Thanks Dad for the hand-me-down  set of punches you gave me nearly seven years ago; I don't use them often but was so glad to put them to use on this need. Gotta love tools made in the 60's, or before; tougher than anything made today albeit they don't look as pretty.

Ahhh, it felt much better when I put my belt back on. Actually, I think I may need to punch another hole to get the snug feeling I need. But let me take a few days on that decision :-) while I enjoy the Oh Yeah moment only an NSV can bring!

Have you had an NSV recently you would like to share with the class?

Hockey Update: The Blackhawks didn't look good last night and the Stanley Cup series is now tied up 2 games a piece now; bummer... Back to Chicago they come for Game-5 Sunday night. Go BLACKHAWKS!!!

No real plans this weekend, which means time to relax, time to exercise and the need for discipline in the face of idle time. It is a weigh in day tomorrow which has the added anticipation of the 20% progress mark which is oh so near.

Have a Great Weekend!

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! Thats an exciting NSV, you are doing amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice NSV Patrick! Hmm...do I have anything to share? Um...I don't think so...and perhaps that isn't a good thing either. I guess my daily victory is that I am maintaining my loss, which is actually the toughest part for me. Oh...I tried on my 34's that I bought a few weeks ago and they STILL fit...that is an NSV I guess.

    Got to take stock of the little things...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the "pants on the ground" song from the veteran that went on Idol, sang that song & then it went crazy everywhere! BUT, hey, a good reason for your pants to be on the ground, a NSV!

    Ah, the Blackhawks! They even fought back & then messed it up!

    Enjoy your relax weekend. Another lesson in learning new ways to take the place of eating. We are so used to eating as the focus & the hard part is replacing that focus with other things. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the congrats on the NSV everyone.

    Steve, hello, I will certainly check in on your blog today.

    Kyle, I would agree that maintaining itself is an NSV, little or big if it makes you feel good about what you've done, call it an NSV.

    Jody, LOL, Pants on the Ground. I recall seeing NFL football teams doing that routing in unison after victories in the locker room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just want to say I'm a Blackhawk fan from being raised in Chicago! Went to plenty of matches and hockey is the fastest game I've ever watched. I tried to play some, but never could skate backwards good enough to master the sport. Do like skating forwards however :-)

    Keep up the good work, you will get there if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the NSV! My recent NSV - I ran my first 5K! yaaay!

    ReplyDelete