Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 58 - Change #8

As I noted yesterday I did order my new laptop computer back as my reward for attaining & holding 20% progress, it should arrive in a week or two tops. It slipped my mind last week to mention that I had posted my progress pictures for hitting 20% progress. So far so good, I see a bit more progress in these latest pictures. Next set will come when I get to 30% progress.

Want to see a real cool before and after set. Just Look HERE at John's before and after! I read a few articles about his loss, none go into any detail on how he did it other than stating it was diet and exercise that helped him lose more than 100 pounds.

The word diet can mean many things; was John on a certain diet program or regimen? Perhaps a FAD diet of pre-boxed foods, pills or anything other commercial product we'll soon see him as a spokesperson for? Or was good ole eating balanced, portion controlled meals John's method of success? How about John's exercise, did he just get out there and move his body? Or did he Tae-Bo his loss away?

Celebs who have rapid body transformations and do it without surgery usually have allot of help getting it done. Generally they can afford to hire the best trainers, nutritionists, personal chefs, etc. to get the job done. Good for them for being able to do so. Certainly I wish I could dump a bunch of dollars, and added time, into getting this done smarter and faster. But we know that is not necessary. A slow, steady, disciplined approach to exercise with balanced & portion controlled eating will get the job done. I'm just curious what John did. Oh, and King Ralph is still one of his better movies in my silly opinion.

Changing subjects to the subject of change. It is time for another change to be added to the list of those I intend to commit to. This latest change...

Change 8...
  • Drink 2 liters of water a day
Really, is this really necessary? Honestly I have no idea how much water one should drink or whether or not increase water intake really helps shed weight. Recently I read that you should take in 1/2 ounces of water per pound of body weight each day. Yeah, sorry but I doubt I have ever drank over a gallon of water a day which is what the math here would come out to for me.

This change makes sense to me because I have found on days I drink a liter during the day at work and then another in the late afternoon through the evening I have better days. With the water in the gut those voices that would have me believe I am hungry are not as loud. Yes, I am in the USA, so why liters? My water bottle is a 1 liter bottle. Fill from the Brita UltraMax dispenser I purchased just for this & placed in our refrigerator each morning before I leave and then again when I get home, that's the plan.

Do you drink a predetermined amount of water daily?

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

10 comments:

  1. Great progress pictures! I can see a big difference. I'm drinking about 64 oz of water daily, though I'm not sure how that compares in liters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep track of my water intake. I need to buy a water bottle and drink throughout the day. It's too hard to track it just by counting glasses. I too see a difference in my food portions when I drink a bunch of water during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Brita in my fridge, too, and lots of ice in the freezer. I just bought a fancy tumbler (20 oz) and have committed to drinking 5 of them in a day. I've read lots of articles praising the benefits of drinking water while losing weight so hey, I'll give it a whirl and see if it helps. I do know that since drinking this said amount and reducing calories, that I've lost 5.2 pounds since Thursday so ...
    was it all the water or the reduction of calories or the combo?

    I find that I'm not as snacky feeling when I drink all this water which tells me that a lot of the times I thought I needed to eat, I just needed to hydrate.

    Patrick, your progress pics really show your progress! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't predetermine how much water I drink, but I do leave a glass on the counter as a reminder. It really does help. I also keep a pitcher of water with lemon or lime slices in the refrigerator, it tastes really refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pics of you are amazing! You can so see the loss! CONGRATS!!!!!!

    I actually used to drink too much water for me but now I do have an amount that I know I need each day but it does change based on how much I work out & sweat it out or if I do not work out a certain day... BUT I am always drinking my water! :-)

    As for celebs.. intersting as I have a post tomorrow on a celeb....

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't have a determined amount.. but I aim for at least 4 water bottles (that would be 2 L) plus I have at least a few glasses.. I'm sure I'm around 3+ litres in the summer months... winter is tougher. But then I drink a lot of herbal tea.

    it certainly does help. keeps hunger at bay, keeps munching at bay.. flushes toxins.. it does work.

    Dr's recommend it, as do all weight loss people.. it's the ONE thing I find that all diets agree on.. drink water. lots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patrick,

    I usually drink 6 glasses of water during the day, and more while exercising. I am so used to it now that I don't even have to keep track! I start off my day right away with two glasses of water. This really helps start the day right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pics show the great progress you have made, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I drink 3 liters a day. my water bottle is a half liter and I try to drink 6. I notice a difference when I am doing well with my water intake and when I am not.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I drink tons of water (but not for the past two weeks unfortunately). Good add to your plan.

    And I like King Ralph too.

    ReplyDelete