Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 158 - My Towel, Mine!

Look what I got! Yep, the yoga towel that Jody hooked me up with via her recent give-away arrived.
It took only a day to get here. The company that shipped it for Jody was nearby in Indiana.
There you see the towel, sort of, it is it's wrapper.
You also see a bonus, a Full Bar, hmmm. Never tried one until yesterday.
Not bad, sort of like Captain Crunch squished into a bar.
Also a hand written Stciky-Note on it from Cheryl of Bottled Fitness congratulating me and wishing my enjoyment with my towel.
Ok, enjoy it I shall...

Well, I am trying to enjoy it. Which end goes up?
It doesn't come with instructions. Ah, a label...

Figured it out.
Right after getting untangled I went downstairs and hit the home gym, with my towel.
Ah Ha - it wipes away sweat. No, it sucks it up, fast!
This photo cracks me up, I look like I am about to fall asleep in that towel.
Certainly it is soft enough to sleep on.
Very nice towel Jody, Thanks again!

Ok - Fill in the blank: Wednesday is a good day to __________ ! To what?

For me this is a good day to go have some more of my cheek removed. Yeah, wish I didn't need that but as I shared yesterday it is needed and I am not waiting. So a morning of work and an afternoon with the plastic surgeon. I'll be in and out in an hour and on my way so no big deal procedure wise. Just want it done, healed and well, done.

When I awoke it seemed a fine day to strength train so I got in a great session with my dumbbell routine. Five sets of push ups & sit ups too. As noted abouve yesterday after work I also got in a session with the home gym. These sessions were closer together than I would have usually spaced them but for good reason. Just as it was two weeks ago when they removed the skin lesion I it will be again today; I'll need to take a week off of the weights. So four of the past five days I have hit them as hard as my heart could. Kind of like a squirrel storing nuts for winter. Yeah, I am guessing strength training doesn't quite work like that.

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

20 comments:

  1. Cnograts on winning that towel! Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo cracks me up too...and the one before it! Good luck at the Dr. today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures. Congrats again on your prize, Winny Winnerson!

    The more cheek they take off, the more weight you lose. Think positive. I wish somebody could take off some of my cheeks for me, but those are the ones on the other end. I guess I'll have to continue doing that myself. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always look forward to what crazy pictures you will post next. I love the pictures keep them coming.
    THIS - Wednesday is a good day to Reflect on the sucesse of the week to this point and look forward to more of the same.
    ONWARD!!!
    ONWARD... it's catching on I see... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice towel! Good luck today at the doctor. Skin cancer sucks. I have had many a basil cell carcinoma removed. My dad and sister both have had melanoma. They have had them removed and are doing fine. I go to the dermatologist every 6 months for an all over check up. You can never be too careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, got that towel already!!!!!!!! You are so funny with the pics! Cheryl at America's Nutrition was great to work with!

    Yes, that towel is so soft.. I could see sleeping on it or curling up with it instead of doing my abs/ core when I lie on it! :-) ENJOY!!!

    Good luck with the doc Patrick... health first!

    I don't get a boob job because I don't want to take 2 months off from weights! ;-)

    Seriously, be well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today is a good day...to visit the plastic surgeon? It's a good day to kick my boss in the nuts? It's a good day to wear bitch boots to work and not be afraid of kicking some ass with them?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the pics with the towel but any more of those and your wife might get jealous. ;o) Wednesdays is a good day for a step class (which I will be attending tonight. It's a good day for meeting my new boss (Eek!). It's a good day for watching the season premier of "Modern Family." Am I the only one who loves that show???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wednesday is a good day to get some exercise!!

    Good Luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice towel!! Good luck this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrat on winning the yoga towel. If I ever sweated, I would get myself one. :) I know. I know. I need to get my ass moving. Patrick, I will keep you in my thoughts as you have the surgical procedure done today and I will be hoping that the further testing will reveal that all the melanoma has already been removed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wednesday is a good day for being a mischievous monkey and playing pranks on all and sundry.

    All the best at the Docs mate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a good day to look on the bright side! Good luck on the procedure, but at least it'll be over soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A towel. Something I didn't have with me today when I went swimming!!! The weight loss is really beginning to show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Kiddo, (I can say that, I'm older!), hope you're feeling okay. Do take the pain killers, they really work! My problem was that my WLE was on my upper back and it's amazing just how many people patted me on the back during the following days. At least yours will not receive that unwanted attention. Take care. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool towel, good luck today... Good thoughts going your way

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the win. You deserve it! Love that picture of you passing out on the towel too. Wednesday is a good day ... to call in sick to work! But I went.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ditto on lovin the pics. I'm thinking the towel should be in blanket size.

    Praying things went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Towel Patrick! We are waiting for the Yoga pics. Thanks for keeping us informed on the cheek-hope all goes well.

    Today is a good day for "Modern Family". MandaPanda-I love the show. Just asked for the "Julie Bowen" haircut so I could do the whole skit for my teenage daughter at the Mall. Did you see that episode?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haven't made it to today's post yet, but I hope the Dr. went well.

    ReplyDelete