A good morning to you all...
This morning was weigh-in day, and a it was great validation of all the hard work, mental & physical, I've put in over the past 4-1/2 months. The milestone hit today is just a number, but if you asked me 4-1/2 months ago if I'd have been able to hit it by the end of year, let alone in 141 days; I'd have said nope, not likely.
This morning I have lost 43% of the weight I have set out to lose.
That's 51.5 pounds lost over NINETEEN weeks; 2 of them this past week.
Today I weighed in at 268.5 pounds. Oh Yeah!
Yes, 50 is just a number. It represents what? Well, let's see...
- 50 less pounds to threaten my cardio-vascular health
- 50 more pounds of confidence to believe I can accomplish this mission
- 50 less pounds to inhibit my ability to do the exercise I need
- 50 more pounds of motivation to try things I thought myself incapable of 4-1/2 months prior
- 50 less pounds to have to explain when I get my annual physical
- 50 more pounds of energy to keep me off the couch and on task
- 50 less pounds to prevent me from getting on a roller coaster
- 50 more pounds of knowledge to put to use in getting healthier and healthier
- 50 less pounds to toss around as excuses for not living life as I wish I could
- 50 more pounds of blog followers who fuel me with the wisdom & respect of their own stories
- and I could go on...
So 50 is just number; and today it is my favorite number.
What is your favorite number today?
Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!