Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 216 - Attitude Change Charge

When I was a young adult I didn't have an appreciation for attitude and it's role in success. After a trio of decades I began to acknowledge how a positive and aggressive attitude could make the difference in the results in teams at work. Applying the right attitude injects ability into that which is worth doing.

For me, experience was needed for that realization to emerge. In my fourth decade I discovered the application of attitude also works at home. An attitude of respect and appreciation applied at home launches our contribution to each other and emboldens our courage to overcome the trials of marriage and family.

In my fifth decade I now understand, finally, that it is attitude more than anything which I can leverage to become better as a person. Finally, I get it. Attitude has been the key to every professional and relationship success I have enjoyed. Attitude is what will see me succeed in my personal mission. Attitude more so than the technique I apply my mission; more so than action plan I adopt, more so than the knowledge I summon to my cause; Attitude when embraced changes impossible into inevitable.

Embrace your Attitude.
Enable desired Change.
Enjoy being in Charge.
.

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

11 comments:

  1. LOVELOVELOVE it!!! Can I quote you? I want to post those last 3 lines on my "Words of Wisdom" spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not So Large
    But Yet, In Charge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, can I also borrow your last 3 lines?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely agree with this!! Attitude makes all the difference. With previous weight loss attempts, my attitude was completely different than it is now and it shows. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very inspiring post, Patrick. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got an attitude alright & my women hormones are enhancing it!!! ;-)

    I love being in charge in the gym!

    Great post Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have me thinking I need to change my attitude toward these long, dark winter days if I'm ever going to move that scale again. Thanks for the wake-up call!
    Rae
    xo

    ReplyDelete