Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 301 - Plunk Plink Plank

Time for another go at the Plank Challenge. Well before I chatter a bit about me, I know some of you have taken up the challenge and recorded your own plank. Christine from Phoenix Revolution did a few days ago. She held a outstanding 2:05 minute plank... she had help getting started from her cat; not sure the cats name so allow me to nickname it Citizen-Whiskers. Click on that link up there and watch her get her plank on!

Josie aka Yum Yucky (pictured taste testing some cake for us) continues to host this fine challenge. Even though she thinks that V8 Spicy Hot is hotter than the flames of hell, I find it tame and I main-line the stuff; Josie is a must-follow in my book.


I 'm not sure how long this challenge will have my attention but for now I have a somewhat obsessive-determination to put up a better number each time I make a go at it. Now that doesn't always happen. Earlier this week I made a go at it and only lasted about 1:20 on my straight-arm plank. A good distance short of the 2 minute plank I shared with you last week.

Not to be defeated twice in a row, I swilled an extra bottle of V8 Spicy Hot and had at it yesterday.
Would I break 2 minutes? Lets see... 


Well I guess the title I labeled that video with gave away the result before you watched it. You did watch it didn't you?!

Some how the magnitude of difficulty of this exercise doesn't seem to translate well in watching me do it; my opinion. Watching others, like Christine, you can get a much better appreciation for why something that looks easy, is in fact a gut-busting side-splitting challenge.

And certainly I need not say it must be easier on the eyes to watch others plank than to watch me. Why I still wear those 3XL-Extra Saggy Gray Sweat Pants I have no idea. They were loose when I was a bloated 320-pounder, hence why I wore them. Now at 250'ish I look like a fashion-impaired clown in them. Clown or not, I ask...

Whats Your Plank Time?


Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

24 comments:

  1. I used to do planks as part of my daily fitness routine, but almost never do them anymore. So, my plank time has gone down tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to stop by and say GREAT JOB making 301 days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit! You broke my time! I guess I need to go and re-video my own plankage this weekend. Prepare to be defeated! :-)

    I've wondered...do you think it's harder to do on your hands or on your elbows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't even get into the plank position because of my toe and because I'm just not that strong yet. I guess I could try it on my knees but that wouldn't really be the same. You are doing great.Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I did these, I'd have to wrestle with a one-year-old climbing all over my fat butt the whole time.

    You did a GREAT job! I'm jealous! I might have to start trying these....hmm.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have to join this challenge! What a great way to build up muscle and core strength and still try to kick people butt at the same time! I like it! Awesome job BTW I know I am going to suck for a while at these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My plank time will be five minutes. Oh, did I say that I used your faster watch idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did about 68 seconds in a real plank but got to almost 2 mintues in the pansy plank position, on my knees.
    But I did 10 -real- pushups yesterday, first time ever, so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG...I haaaaaaate planks! They are right up there on my list with squats. LOL! You're doing great, Patrick! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never done a plank in my life and after watching the video, I think I'm scared to try. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patrick, you continue to amaze me!!!!!!! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried doing a plank in a loooong time. Ok....you've inspired me now. I'll report back later!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Patrick, how do I submit my video to Josie? Not sure if she will take it since I slide one hand to change my song at one point, but we shall see...


    Polar's Mom
    www.polarspage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. My plank time is like 3 seconds. Maybe a strong 4.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried it, but will try it today.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woot woot, Patrick. I loved this post. I was cracking up over the name of the cat, Citizen Whiskers and your comment on the clown pants. You make that plank look like so much fun :)

    Now I really want to try it. Oh yeah, I don't think it's easy either.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go Patrick. EXCELLENT!!! You are rocking along. I made 45 seconds yesterday (really piss poor if you ask me). The planks on my elbows and toes, don't know the name of them.
    You keep going my frined. I am proud of you!!
    Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. and your next Plankvideo shall be you planking in purple spandex with cape? Anyone who does this gets 10 bonus minutes added to their plank time. Just sayin'. My own purple spandex suit is out with the dry cleaners.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love planks! Not that I'm good at 'em or can hold it forever YET, but they can be very easily fit into your day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I simply just couldnt leave your website just before saying that I really enjoyed the good quality information you offer to your visitors… Definitely will be back often to check on up on brand new stuff you post! exercise guide

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have developed some nice practices and we are looking to swap solutions with other folks, please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Nürnberg Airbnb

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello! I would like to provide a huge thumbs up for any excellent info you’ve here within this post. I will be coming back to your blog site for more soon. Verona RFID Blocking Leather Slim Wallet case

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, Verona RFID Blocking Leather Slim Wallet case

    ReplyDelete