Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 461 - Impromptu It Is

Hot is the theme of the week. There you see the temp when I left the office yesterday. Ugh is an appropriate response. Or, perhaps Ahh if you are the Heat Miser; just a subtle reference reminder that Christmas is just 5 months and a few days away.

Yesterday my son waived me off from hanging out with him so that he could continue with his summer school assignments. Smart move on his part. With my evening suddenly free, I called my gorgeous wife and we went on an impromptu date night. The rest of the kids were out and about and already knew they were on their own for dinner.

We met up for dinner and had a relaxing, casual time together. Afterwards since we each had a vehicle I made a stop off at the mall to get a battery for my watch. On my way out these two just happened to latch on to me to escape the mall...

My wife loved the "Send The Pig" scene from the Winnie The Pooh movie so much, I thought they were an appropriate impromptu gift.

What? You haven't seen the movie yet? Well you must at least watch this clip...


Now that should have you planning a trip to the theatre this weekend. Or maybe today? Just go see this movie already!


Tonight, C25K-W1D3 is the goal. Heat or no heat, this I can do.

Got a goal for today?



Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you love Winnie The Pooh & love the impromptu date night & a gift for your wife - sweet!!!!!

    Hope you survive the outside - go Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed you can!!
    I'm back to work today so my goal is to stay away from the donuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water with that heat. I know it's humid so you're sweating like crazy, but all that sweating is losing fluids, buddy. How nice you picked up a gift for your wife! In some ways, I can't wait until my kids are old enough to allow for impromptu date nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to the movie tonight but we are seeing the Harry Potter movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE ARE GOING TODAY.

    yes I shouted and I mean tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet! I love when my b/f gives me improptu gifts like that. We any little ones, so Winnie the Pooh is out, but we are going to see Captain America. Have a wonderful weekend!
    -Sarah
    www.fitango.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patrick, where have you been? Everything OK? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Patrick - checking on you - hope all is ok.

    MO

    ReplyDelete