Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 440 - Our Date Night

Thursday 6/30
Breakfast: We chowed down at the Oceanarium Restaurant which boasts a multi-story aquarium to gaze at. Nice food spread too. I had mackerel, portugese sausage, miso soup w/ fresh seaweed, kimchi, char siu bao dumpling, brown rice, fresh fruit and bread pudding (a love of mine).

A walk through the International Market was a good way to walk off breakfast. This place is a dump, basically a flea-market that sucks in anyone with a spare buck & a coupon. They say you gotta go here, ok; we went there.

Again we had to stop for Mochi on the way back to the hotel, I think our kids are addicted to it.

Beach time for the kids. Ryan & Andrew rented paddle-boards and tried their hand at that while Monica & Cameron swam, waded & chilled in the warm water. Monica did try her hand at paddle-boarding too but gave it up after 10 minutes. Ashley read her book on the beach, playing in the water is not her thing.

Cathy & I went back to the jewelry store which I hit Wednesday to get her gift. While she liked what I got her it was too similar to something she already has. So she exchanged it for something else. Cool, as long as she likes it.

Snack: Longboard lager & sushi at the beach side bar. This is where Cathy & I were while the kids were in the water. Gma & Gpa joined us after while. Just kicking back & caring about next to nothing.

Eventually the boys came in from the ocean & retreated to the room for showers & snacks. Monica decided she needed some time in the pool so Gma & Cathy joined her. Lou & I stayed at the bar for a bit finishing our beers & chatting up old army & marine corps tales. Stories shared before, still good each time we swap them.

Snack: Snack Wells back in the room. The beer left me hungry, what can I say.

A couple hours of chill time in the hotel was sufficient to recharge the batteries for the evening.

Dinner: Cathy & I (no kids) had reservations at BLT Steak, the restaurant located in the Trump Tower Hotel. We had tuna tartar and stuffed squash blossoms for starters. For dinner Cathy had crab topped scallops & gnocchi carbonara. I had a wagyu skirt steak & baked corn with jalapeno. Dessert was an apple turnover with vanilla ice cream. All of if was divine & worth the insane price.

This was our planned time out sans the kids, call it date night. Gma & Gpa fed & entertained the kids, they went for pizza.

Back to the pool the kids went after dinner. I thought about a late swim but I was so busy digesting that the thought was just that, a thought.
 
Before hitting the sack I prepared the stuff we need for Friday's fishing trip. Not sure what we'll do if we catch anything of size, something we'll worry about if it happens.

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - awesome date night!
    And fishing today!
    Have some sunscreen-covered fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tales from the vacation, Patrick. I love hearing about your adventures. Sounds like everyone is having a lovely time. I'm glad you and Cathy had one night without the kids. Hawaii would be a wonderful place for a couple on their own. Have a great rest of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are enjoying your trip. Nothing better than date night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we are all envious of your beach vacation. Enjoy and Happy fourth!

    ReplyDelete