Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 459 - Here Fishy Fishy

I know, I know; I showed you a picture of fish yesterday. But, those fish we did not eat, which is a shame I know. But this fish, this fish I did eat. And it was so good!

Up there you see it as I placed it on the grill. It rests on a cedar planked soaked in water & lemon juice. The fish, Steelhead Salmon, is seasoned with a fish seasoning I bought in Seattle (the fish I did not buy in Seattle), and crusted in Onion & Garlic Macadamia Nuts. The came from Hawaii and from this package to be specific...

Here is dinner after it came off the grill...
Before I closed the grill I tossed in a handful of apple wood chips while cooking to give it a lovely blast of sweet smokiness.

As good as it looked coming off the grill I must say it looked its best when I plated it...
Yes, I was in the mood for fruit with dinner. or maybe I was in the mood for sweetness without the bad news from the sweets in the candy counter or bakery aisle.

That dinner was a great way to cap off a great workout. After worked I got my youngest off the couch to join me for C25K-Week1/Day2. The 93F heat was definitely a challenge. A slight breeze tried to take some sting out of the heavy air but to little avail.

Cameron is a soccer player in high school so you would expect him to look at this workout as a walk in the park. But it was quite the opposite for him. He has become quite out of shape since the end of soccer season his freshman year. Even though he hit his final growth spurt over the past six-months, oh how we hope it is his final spurt; his appetite spurted as well and not with a desire for healthy eats.

Thus he struggled to make it through the 60 second jogging segments and his walking segments were quite slow. He knew it, and wasn't happy about it. Soccer tryouts are in a couple of weeks and the start of his sophomore year  five weeks away; yes summer break has begun its descent for landing.

Myself, I got through D2 much better than D1. A day of good eating and anticipation of the workout helped that progression occur. Later this week I will get Day3  in and conclude the trio of workouts that make up a week. Hopefully I can grab Cameron for another workout; doubt he shares that same hope.

Got any recent successful grilling experiences to share?
What about exercise experiences?


Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

9 comments:

  1. Yes to getting back to it Patrick! Love them macadamia nuts too! Looks good!

    Just finished a great workout this morn! Yesterday was good too even with all my exhaustion from the grandkids being here. We shall see if I survive the week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mac nuts.... a former weakness of mine!
    But just looking at them, should be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an UN-successful grilling experience to share! So I moved in with my boyfriend (who is now my husband) and he had friends over for dinner. So being the good wifey-to-be, I decided I would grill out some steaks for us. It was my FIRST TIME using a grill. I turned on the gas and press the ignition. Nothing happened. Hmmm, so how else to light a grill? Leaving the gas on, I grabbed a bag of pre-light charcoal, threw it inside the grill, and then took a match to it. POOF!!! Flames everywhere! I was lucky I didn't get 2nd or 3rd degree burns. I calmly walked inside the house and said, "Sweetie, I need your help with something right now." (To which he replied, "In a second!" To which I replied, "No honey, if you don't mind I need you right now." What a calamity! Apparently gas and charcoal shouldn't mix. Newsflash.
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband does all the grilling in our house. I don't even know how to turn the thing on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know, I kinda abandoned my love for summer grillin' because I'm not much of a meat fan anymore (beef & chicken). But totally forgot I could be grillins' me some fish. And I'll throw some shrimps on there while I'm at it! thanks for the ideas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I missed where you decided to try the C25k program. Good for you! And good for your son for tagging along. Hopefully it will motivate him to get back in shape for soccer this eyar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you are on your "weigh" with the Coach to 5K. (Pun and rhyme intended.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We grilled some lovely burgers on the 4th. It was the best thing I've had in ages. The first burger in ages, too. In exercise I have been working hard and on my way to a blue belt in TKD. That salmon looks FAB!

    ReplyDelete