Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 451-452: Clean Butt Thanks To Lady Luck

Monday's colonoscopy was all good news. The best part of the news was the fact I do not need to go for another one for 3 years, thank you!!!

Lady Luck was with me in the morning as I was first up on the list for my colonoscopy Monday morning, a 7:30 a.m. appointment. It couldn't have been 7:35 a.m. when they were knocking me out. Good thing too as the power went out shortly after 8 a.m., just minutes after I began waking up, the procedure complete. Those who were there, all prepared and waiting for their turn, they had to wait until the power came back on. Sure the back up generators kicked in and the placed looked as if all was normal. But apparently they are not allowed to start non-emergency procedures while on back up generator power.

That was nearly 24 hours ago. At home, our power is still out. Oh I hope they were able to get the hospital's power back online yesterday morning so that those folks waiting for there colonoscopy could get it done. It would score very high on the Suck-O-Meter if you had to reschedule that appointment after starving the day before & flushing out the plumbing that night. Hence why Lady Luck was with me in the morning.

Since our power is still out, I think Lady Luck left me, left the county it seems, as soon as the storms moved into our county yesterday morning. The storm swept through the area swiftly but it's brief stay was enough time to deliver a potent hit. I am one of the nearly 1-million Chicagolander's who lost power right away. As of this minute about 350,000 are still without power including us.

Well, speaking of this minute; I am at work where it is cool, there is internet (hence the blog post), there are cold beverages... the kids however are at home where it is hot, there is no internet, there are angry cats, and no cold beverages. I suppose I should feel bad for them.

Last night we grilled out for dinner. Since I wouldn't allow anyone to open the refrigerator of freezers when the power went out, we had to either make do with what was in our pantry or find something at a store to grill. Earlier that day when I had my son out learning to drive I noticed that one of the grocery stores was open for business. They were selling what they could via generator power. We snapped up a package of frozen chicken breasts and Ho-Ho's. So we had grilled garlic-ginger chicken, seasoned corn (from a can), and Ho-Ho's (kids felt these would help them through the heat of the night).


After dinner the kids we besides themselves since there was no internet, no television, no xbox. I had an emergency radio on listening to the news, but that did nothing to entertain them. So we broke out some old-school entertainment and played Monopoly. As the day was turning to dusk light became an issue. But we fared well making use of flashlights.


For the record, Cameron kicked all of our butts, it wasn't even close.
 

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

13 comments:

  1. SO glad the colonoscopy went well and that everything is normal. Sorry about the power outage. A storm came through here last night and we lost power for a short time. Thankfully, it is back on now. I hate being without power. I'm not a happy camper without my A/C. I hope you get it back on soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Band name: Angry Cats

    It's nice to live a little frontier though, isn't it...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks about the power but glad to hear the everything turned out well with the colonoscopy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news to hear that your procedure went well! Hopefully, your power will come back soon, as I agree with the kids - no internet, no power - major suckage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck. No power. It is nice that you guys still found ways to entertain yourselves!

    Sarah
    notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monopoly! Ahhh those were the good old days.
    Christine
    www.phoenixrevolution.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your successful test!!

    Nothing like some forced unplugging! ;-) Kids these days don't like that! I remember the old days of playing board games! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the good test, and not having to do it again for a while! I'm sending Cameron a high five :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a great day despite the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news! Hope your power is on soon. We were playing board games last night too, but not because the power was out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you sailed through that colonoscopy. Necessary, but not funnest time. Power outage can be no fun either, so glad you are seeing a bright side (Ho-ho's?!?!?). When our power went out, we also had no water because we were on a well. I would have bought the water company if I was playing Monopoly is there one in Monopoly?). Anyhoo, hope your power is on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad your colon is doing fine and that you idn't have to reprep. Hope everything is working when you get your power back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your power gets back on soon. Glad your next colonoscopy is not for another 3 years. I have only had one of these, they kept saying I would fall asleep.... no watched the whole thing. hoping for all good news for you. take care, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete