Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 453-456: Lets Talk EEYORE, Shall We

This weekend sure seemed like it took a long long time to get here. Odd because I was so stinking busy with work and getting kids to and from places thsi week that I would have thought the week would have flown by. No doubt the power-outage we endured at the beginning of the week messed up our timing and left us playing catch up the rest of the week.

Our power came back on Tuesday afternoon. In all for us it was out for 30 hours. Total cost to me was $30-40 of dairy products, lunchmeat. No big deal. Some of that I probably could have saved but just to be safe I pitched it.

When I opened the freezers after the power resumed, they were still frozen solid. You really must avoid opening these during an outage. Let just a little warm air in there and the time to defrost drops faster than the weight of a recruit in boot camp. Get this... some 30,000 people not far from us, still do not have power! Thats 5days and an since the power went dark on them; yikes!

Since returning from Hawaii I have not been able to get my mind back into doing the things I need to do. Not sure why, guess I have mentally still been on vacation. Cardio particularly has not been something I've been able to get going again.

In effort to kick start my Cardio Caboose again I have decided to go through the nine-week C25K program. Even though much of it I can do when I get out there and do cardio, I feel right now I need some structured help to get back to where I want to be with my fitness. So this morning I went out there and did the first week one workout. If you don't know what C25K is, google it, I used this link.

The walk/jog combo ofthis workout felt good, and was just what I needed to be sure I accomplished a workout. So I will keep at this program until done if for no other reason to join the ranks of C25K veterans.

Lets talk EEYORE, shall we... last night was date night for my wife & I. A movie & dinner was on tap. A brief debate about which movie to go see took place. Allot of desire was there to go see Harry Potter 7 naturally. But since it was also opening day for Winnie The Pooh, or as I call it, The Eeyore Movie. The debate was short really, we wnt I saw Eeyore!

Eeyore also went to the mvoie with us. Up top you see him buckled in for the ride to the theatre. Since soda costs so much he brought his own to the show...

My wife wouldn't let him bring the pop into the theatre. Even worse, when we were watching the movie she took him from me and stuffed him in her purse! So he didn't even get to see the movie he starred in. I am thinking Academy Award for him by the way.

Have a great weekend; which you will if you go see the Eeyore Movie!


Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

10 comments:

  1. On the run Patrick & you will see why on my Monday post but I had to say that Eeyore pic is too funny! Glad you have found a way to get back to it - PLS do not let all your progress be for not - YOU CAN DO THIS! Actually, I know you will be fine but had to give you some encouragement. All those new belt holes you made account for something - right! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patrick,

    You inspire me. I haven't run since my Mar surgery (doctor's orders for a few months, inertia for the last few weeks). We've had a wonderful break in our weather, so I will C25K W1D1, today! Now if I can only get myself back into regular posting . . . Your Eeyore pix and post are fun! My mom's nickname in college was Piglet, so I've always had a fondness for Christopher Robin and the gang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Date night sounds great. I was always more of a fan of Tigger, than Eeyore, but I know that Tigger is a bit irritating.

    Good luck on the c25k. I did it for awhile last year, but then found (mid-way through) that I wanted less structure and started running. But I wouldn't have started running without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Eeyore!!

    It is hard for me to get back in to the exercise mindset after any sort of break. Doing the C25K is a great idea to motivate you. Good luck.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeyore is definitely my favorite Pooh character! I might need to get a little Eeyore for my car - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the Couch to 5K. I'm trying to "up" my cardio after a few weeks of slowness. But I really do feel back on track. Get some good music and go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pooh sounds fun but I'm really dying to see the new Harry Potter movie. It is on our agenda for next week. It is so crowded at the theater when it first comes out that we usually wait a few day. I'm glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE your Eeyore pics!!
    Of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo! Eeyore should have been allowed to see the movie! I love me some Eeyore. We are kindred spirits. See Harry Potter. It rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm obviously catching up on old posts since I flew the coop for a while - but I've been meaning to tell you that my daughter loves Eeyore too. I'll have to share a pic of her collection. I think the Pooh movie is on the schedule in our house just because of Eeyore. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete