Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 334-335: We Deserve a PBR

source
For most of life PBR meant Pabst Blue Ribbon, good stuff if flavor is not key to your beer drinking experience. Oh, and NO, I did NOT pose for that photo!

Today & in recent years PBR is a popular acronym in the business world including I.T. (Information Technology) the industry I work in.

P-Plan, reduce time/cost associated with determining how to build what we've been tasked to build; e.g. physical vs virtual platforms, online vs nearline data storage, blah blah more i.t. speak

B-Build, increase throughput/capacity to deliver more builds; e.g. standard vs custom, pull vs push processes/methodologies, blah blah more flavor of the day speak

R-Run, reduce time/cost associated with keeping what we've built running; e.g. preventative vs predictive maintenance, system redundancies & availability, blah blah more captain obvious speak

This week I spent 3 hours at work immersed in PBR. During this time my mind wandered & began to ponder how PBR correlates to my health mission. Here is what I came up with...

P-Plan, Reduce my trigger-finger mindset to fire off excuses and increase my knowledge; learn best practices to lose weight & keep it off. In other words you can only do what you plan to do, don't leave success to chance or accident!

B-Build, Create a schedule & menu consisting of a variety of exercise & foods to build a healthier me. In other words create a healthy lifestyle to live!

R-Run, Consistently, one day at a time, Do what I know I am supposed to do; don't just want it, don't just plan it, DO IT! In other words maintain the plan which I have created changing the approach as needed to prevent slipping back into the days of excuses and complacency.

Hey, you deserve a PBR, now go get it!


Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan, Patrick. My husband works in IT too but I haven't heard him mention PBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is'nt that the truth Patrick, actually executing the plan....I do like your plan for sure....the photo not so much...lol. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something's wrong with me, because this just seems like really deep thinking for so early in the AM! LOL! KUDOS to you for putting it together though, and I can't wait to continue to follow your success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, it really just that easy. Why do we get off course?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...am I some kind of hick because I immediately thought of Professional Bull Riding? Anyway, I love this acronym and how you're applying it to your weight loss efforts. Now...all you have to do is execute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post P! I need to figure out what my PBR is. This is actually pretty deep. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Patrick!!! Plan & CONSISTENCY!!!! Throw in the exercise & a better food plan & VOILA!

    Although, posting an old pic on the fridge & carrying with you to pull out when you waiver might help too. That pic made me think of that!

    Keep up the great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up on PBR...... not the Plan,Build, and run kind tho!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love, love, love that picture! I like your version of PBR verses the Pabst PBR.

    Sarah
    notaneffingdiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say Carruthers, one sounds orflee intelligent!!

    Plan what you eat - and eat what you plan -- sounds about right to me!

    Blue~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I -love- that picture, it's hilarious!

    I'm going to work out my own PBR.

    ReplyDelete