Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day 77 - Getting Some

Weekend time everyone! A holiday weekend for us here in the USA...

What plans do you have?

This past week I picked up an NSV I've been meaning to share. Actually I did list it on the left hand side bar of my blog but didn't fit into a post until now. This past Tuesday morning I was walking through the hallways at work and came up on a colleague who said, "Hi Patrick, Hey, have you lost weight?" Being asked if you have lost weight, that is an NSV if I have ever heard one.

This past Thursday I got serious with this post, day-75-concentrate-on-this, where I suggested we can get greater performance via greater concentration.

Yesterday I put that to the test again when I went out for an early morning walk around the 2-mile loop in our neighborhood. Like the walk Wednesday, I concentrated today as I explained then. I hit the turn-around which is exactly 1 mile out from the house at 17:01, which was better than my previous best of 17:09, but I didn't know the time at the turn. I hit the button on my iPod which saved the first lap time and didn't take a moment to see the time itself. Why, I was concentrating on the walk. I had to break concentration to hit the button so I did, but that's it. Chug a lug I went on through the second lap back home. My previous best for this loop was 35:12, I finished in 33:51 today;smashing that PR. Also do the math, the 2nd mile was in 16:49...personal records for walking a mile and for that loop.

In the afternoon yesterday my son asked for a ride to a friends house. Sure, and off we went. I didn't know where we were going but we got there and dropped him off soon enough. Hmm, what do you know, it is right next to Stanton School which is where Stanton Hill is. I worked out on this hill once last weekend when Kyle challenged us and I spoke of that work out here; day-72-whos-got-two-thumbs. That was a tough workout, my heart rate really gets going on that hill. I hadn't expected to go back there so soon for another 30 minute go at how many times I could go up and down it. However after dropping of my son I realized had nothing better to, the hill was right there, and I was dressed in clothes suitable for a workout; I decided why not. Away I went; up - down and so on for 30 minutes. Concentrating on stride, walking straight and looking forward vs. down at the ground. Thirty minutes later I did 17 trips up and down, bettering the previous effort by one, personal record!

Oh Yeah, I was getting some yesterday! For dinner I celebrated with what you see there in the picture; Almond Crusted Trout, Green Beans & Wild Rice. Nope, I didn't cook it, It was from the Friday specials menu at Moretti's where I took the family for dinner.

Have a Great weekend everyone!


Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

7 comments:

  1. Great SNV and always one of my favourites! (Although not worrying that I'm spilling over into another person's seat space when I'm on a bus or train is also very important to me!) Keep up the good work. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you and your NSV I cannot wait until I do enough for someone to ask me if I have lost weight! Thanks for your comment on my blog, you are right I guess I just need to really go 110% kick it up a huge notch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome nsv and happy days getting some...trouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Patrick. I think one of the most rewarding things, beyond all the compliments (because, sad to say, those end after you maintain your goal weight for awhile!) is realizing that you are fitter at an older age than you ever were at a younger one! I know I am at 50! So good job on the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your concentration has paid off! If your colleague was a guy, that is a super duper NSV...if it was a gal, still a great NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome NSV - you've been at this for 77 days already...time flies man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats. Your actually getting in to exercise!

    ReplyDelete