Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 356 - Hurry Up & Wait

Happy Friday to one and all. Well not everyone. The person responsible for gas proces, no happy Friday wishes for you. Booo I say! Yep, that sign is legitamite. Here in Chicagoland the cheap stuff is above $4 a gallon in many places. Took that gas picture yesterday while driving to a doctors appointment.

The visit with the ortho re: my knee/hip led to a disgnosis of maybe this, or that, but whatever it is take these pills and go for physical therapy too. Let me tell you, if I wasn't preoccupied by the cancer stuff, I'd have left that appointment less than impressed. However, being the look at the positive chap I am, I took it as good news. If all I need to do is take a pill and work on my stretching with someone, fine by me!

The visit with the medical oncologist saw me give three vials of blood yesterday. Today we wait to hear the results of the gaggle of tests they are running on it. Hopefully today I'll get that news. Otherwise the doc & I had a long talk and he did well to paint out all of the likely outcomes considering the PET Scan with what we know now. So I feel well informed, not happy about some of what I'm am hearing, but I believe I'm doing this right at present and I know in the end victory will be mine.

Oh, yesterdays answers to the brain batters... you got them. Tish was first take a crack at them and nailed them...
Look before you leap
Grown up
Fast Food

Here's a different puzzle for your Friday fun...
You have a basket with five pears in it. Can you divide these pears amongst your five kids in order for each kids to get a pear and still have one pear left in your basket?


Mmmm, pears....
Enjoy!

 

 

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

9 comments:

  1. Maybe if they were pairs of pears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of _An Orange for Frankie_. Each family member cut a wedge out of their orange and tied 'em together to make an orange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. My only advice ifs to keep your positive attitude and make sure your oncologist is someone you trust and respect. Hubby and I decided to get a second opinion and it made all the difference. We blogged about the experience on http://jenniferandcasey.com. Hurry up and wait is the nature of the beast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these logic puzzles a lot better than the guess the picture ones!

    Four of the kids get a pear, the fith gets the basket with a pear still in it.

    I'm sandwiched between doctor visits, a biopsy and waiting for results just now, myself. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Patrick. I'm glad the knee is nothing serious and a little therapy will help. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    I like Tish's answer to the puzzle. I can't think of any other way to answer it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thinking of you Patrick & hoping for the best!!!

    Gas - it is $4.15 around the corner from me for the cheap stuff! UGH!

    HUGS & hope that knee gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just such a great attitude you have Patrick, I am constantly inspired by your resolve. Hope your news is good. No idea on today's riddler though, i'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patrick, I fail all these kind of logical brain teasers...lol. I was glad to hear about the take a pill and someone to help you stretch. I have a strong feeling with your awesome outlook on life you are going to come through all of this with flying colors. you really are an inspiration you know. The gas prices up here are crazy too. $4.60 A Gallon. ....I will be watching to see how you are making out with your tests. all the best to you and your family...try to have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I flew into Midway yesterday and was shocked to see 4.29 for regular unleaded. Scary

    ReplyDelete