Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 6 - Oh Yeah!


Did well on yesterday's challenge to get through the evening without falling prey to temptation. We didn't go for that bag-o-salad once the running around was done but sensibility prevailed and over-indulgence was not allowed in the house. As I awoke and reflected on that I got a surge of "Oh Yeah!" that has my day off to a good start. Hope you too awoke to an "Oh Yeah!"

It is Friday, what to do today? Work of course, sitting at my desk now getting my days post up in effort to help set the tone for a good day of health behavior. Perhaps I need to temper myself with a bit of caution as I only had a can of tomato juice (I love tomato juice) for breakfast. Probably not sufficient fuel to start the day but I'm feeling OK at the moment and should continue to do so as long as I don't allow myself to make up for it when time comes for a mid-morning snack.

Otherwise for today gotta do the work thing and then this afternoon or evening when I get home how about I stare down that elliptical in the bedroom and actually win the stare down this day? OK, should I follow through on that goal for today it me very well feel like it bested me by the time I get off of it, but even so I will still have won; right? Get in some exercise - that’s the goal for this day!
Oh Yeah!
Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

3 comments:

  1. Well, a bowl of cereal and milk will run around 200 calories...a slimfast around 230. I don't know what a can of tomato juice can run, but it might be plenty of cals at least to start the day. Sure, many will argue the "quality" of the calories and they are mainly right. However, I applaud the effort to take in any calories at the start of your day as a good initial practice especially if you were previously prone to skip breakfast to binge at lunch.

    Enjoy your day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you're planning on several small meals throughout the day. Sounds good! If you wait until your starving hungry, you're much more likely to overeat.

    You hit upon something that I struggle with. By the time I get home after a long day's work, I just don't feel like exercising. I'm lethargic, and wanna spend some time in front of the TV or computer, and, you know, relax.

    If you have the same problem, you may want to consider exercising in the morning.

    Getting started can be tough, but it sounds like you're committed!

    I'm glad you appreciate my height goal -- occasionally, someone notices... and it amuses me. While I don't know a secret for converting width into height, I'm completely open to it! Why discount the possibility? After all, if I could just grow a few more inches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle, breakfast is definitely part of our day now since starting this mission. Prior to that, I'd skip breakfast most days but when lunch came around I'd be starving and eating as if I'd never eat again.

    Paul, Yes eating 5-6 times a day. Three meals and 2-3 snacks to keep the engine burning, or so the thought is.

    Thanks for the thoughts guys.
    -Patrick

    ReplyDelete