Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 5 - Bill's Pub Got Me


Yesterday I was on a roll. Ate great right up until dinner; recall my 'Evenings & Me' post. My son had a dentist appointment at 6pm. That was done swiftly thanks to a no cavity visit; whoohoo. We are both hungry when done, it is dinner time of course. As we drive west down Washington out of Grayslake what comes into view; Bill's Pub North (more of a restaurant than a pub really). Not good; not even close to good in terms of the effect Bill's Pub has on one's ability to think and act healthy. Forget that their pizza is the best on the planet. Speaking of the planet happy earth day to one and all! Forget that on each table is a never ending basket of peanuts which you can enjoy and toss the shells on the floor. Forget that when you drive by your hunger-o-meter jumps from 4 to 9 in an instant. Well, no, I couldn't forget that. Without any sincere effort to forget Bill's Pub was in sight my vehicle turned right into the parking lot and a minute later Andrew & I were working on that basket of peanuts.

Ho Hum. So a great day fell prey to temptation. About the only discipline I showed was avoiding the pizza and going for the Italian Beef sandwich instead. Bill's makes a good Italian Beef but it is no Johnny's (Elmwood Park) which are the best on the planet. Or was that a worse choice? Not sure, six of one and a half dozen the other I suppose. The lesson to be learned here; never drive west on Washington out of Grayslake anymore. Forget that part of the county even exists.

Today is a new day. Off to a good start. We have a hectic evening tonight with school and kid activities so dinner is not a well planned event tonight. Thus temptations will be there to choose a fast and easy way to eating; most of which are never healthy. So our challenge for today is to get through the evening without falling prey to temptation and convenience yet again. My wife, Cathy, & I discussed this briefly as we carpooled to work this morning; not for earth day just something we do as often as we can especially since gas is over $3 a gallon again. And we acknowledged that there is a bag-o-salad in the refrigerator. So if we can just get home without indulging elsewhere in our separate travels with the kids this evening, then that bag-o-salad is dinner for us.

That’s the goal for this day!

Wish us luck, fingers crossed.

Responsibility 199... Gotta Do It!!

No comments:

Post a Comment