Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 1 - 0% Progress

There I am, standing on the left (as you look at the picture) of who I want to be. It is day 1, and my weight today is terrible to be blunt. That is an understatement really, but it gets the point across.

It is so terrible that I am ashamed to share the actual number which appears on the scale when I weigh myself. Shame is not something that I am familiar with. Sure, I have felt it a time or two or maybe three in life, but I have not felt its sting in a long time in my adult life. Age 44 and a three-quarters years is not when one should be feeling it either. But I am, so be it, shame it is.

Who I want to be weighs 199, or less, but no more than 199. I don't believe there is any true ideal body weight that can be referenced on a chart somewhere. Sure there must be an ideal weight for every individual. Honestly I have no idea what that number is for me. But it has to be 199 or less for me and my 5'-10" frame (I shrunk an inch over the last decade).

Look back to the picture above. The dude you see on the right; see how happy and good looking dude he is? Then there is the dude on the left, while I'd like to believe he is good looking too; he is too big to expect to be around for as long as he wants to be among us. Which is a long long time.

OK, I'm trying to find a humorous lining here, and I have slipped into some odd third-person type. So lets get back to blunt. Today I accept the challenge, I make the commitment, and believe that I will weigh the 199 I need to just as soon as I can.

Shame or not, I weigh 320 pounds today!

Responsibility 199... Gotta do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment