Responsibility 199, what is it?

Responsibility 199 is a belief; I believe that to be healthy and to increase my longevity I need to weigh 199 pounds or less...
Responsibility 199 is a need; I need to reduce my weight, reduce my percentage of body fat, and the elevated threat of disease my present condition presents...
Responsibility 199 is a mission; I recognize that achieving 199 will be a challenge, perhaps the hardest I have ever undertaken...
Responsibility 199 is a commitment; I acknowledge that I must commit to action, commit to change, commit to myself and those I love to achieve this mission, to increase my longevity...
Responsibility 199 is ME.

Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 386 - 387: Sister, Mothers & Gas


Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and especially their Mothers Day celebrations. My wife & I got away on Saturday to continue the celebration of her birthday and start the Mothers Day festivities. We took off to our backyard play ground, Wisconsin. The Wollersheim Winery was the destination (pictured above). There we picked up a case of wine as we do each trip. We also picked up the gifts for our mothers there, ceramic wine chillers. Of course we couldn't give the moms just wine chillers without a bottle of wine in each.

On the way up there we gassed up in Milwaukee, here is the price of gas (cheap stuff) there...
 Cheapest we've seen around home it in well over a month, so we gassed up there on the way up & back.

We stayed in Pweaukee (a burb of Milwaukee) Saturday night. There we dined at Thunder Bay Grille which has been a favorite of ours for a decade. All of us who are serious about making a better life for ourselves embrace change. Change is good, change is needed if we want to see a better result from our efforts. And a different result from the recent changes in menu and style is what I believe Thunder Bay Grille will see. And not for the better. Seriously, we were disappointed. This rustic northwoods centric restaurant went modern in a bad way. It used to stand apart from its competition, now it reflects at least a dozen other places in the Milwaukee area. Oh well, we had a good decade, best of luck to them.

After dinner we went out to Champps to watch the Nascar race and NBA playoff games while knocking back a couple of beers and just hanging out. Along the way we felt the need to fill in the corners left from our dinner experience. To do that we ordered a hot pretzel from the apps menu. I was expecting a pretzel like you'd get at the ball game, but to my surprise and horror this is what we got...
 Not healthy, not one bit. But it was good I must admit. And so was our time together eating this, drinking Leinenkugel's and Spotted Cow, excellent day with my wife!

Back home on Sunday we took in a soccer game for our sophomore, they lost 0-6; way to go winning one for Mom guys. And then off to meet our Mom's for dinner at Bonefish Grill which never disappoints; lets hope they don't embrace too much change.

Dinner was in Schaumburg, IL which is a Chicago suburb. On the way there I snapped this picture of the typical gas price there...
Ugly ugly ugly that gas marquee is. Way too ugly to just end this post on such a downer note. So let me move to a final bit of positive news to share.

This past Saturday my sister walked the stage at Olivet Nazarene University with her Masters of Arts in Teaching. How cool is that!

Congrats Kim & best of luck in that your search to secure a full time teaching position will be a short one.


OK, that is how I spent my weekend, how did you spend yours?

Responsibility 199 - Gotta Do It!!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great weekend!

    We can now officially run a mile
    cheaper than our cars can!
    *poke*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our gas is about the same here....$4.40-something a gallon. Gross, isn't it? But at least they're saying that prices should go down. I'm glad you had such a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for our $3.77 gas here. Now if I can just move out of the boonies, I'll be even more grateful. Weekend was good, if relatively uneventful. Sounds like you had a pretty good one overall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent my weekend chilling out and sunning myself. I saw 2 of the 3 children on Sunday and that was worth everything. Nothing exciting but very quiet and peaceful. It was lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful weekend! Well, except for that restaurant that went down the tubes - sorry about that but the rest sounds cool!!! Man, I have not seen gas below $4 anywhere around here & it is $4.29 around the corner & even more in Los Angeles & other places - craziness!!!!

    Had a nice weekend just doing a few errands & relaxing & of course my treat cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike got gas tonight, 10 gallons, $40.00, in a Suburban that doesn't go to far. Except for a teen, safety over mileage for now.
    Thanks for stopping by. Glad you had a great Mother's day.
    Take care Patrick and have a blessed night sleep.

    ReplyDelete